Help Please - Traktor, DJM 2000 and Audio 8

Default Help Please - Traktor, DJM 2000 and Audio 8

Hi guys

Not sure if this is possible, but thought I would check if anyone else has got this working.

I want to run the following through traktor: technics that I want to run on timecode vinyl through an audio 8, a djm 2000 which i want to run through traktor using usb, and 2 cdj 850s over usb as controllers. So ideally wanting the djm and audio 8 to work simultaneously.

I have also heard there is a hack that allows non traktor certified mixers to register in traktor as certified. Would this remove my need for the audio 8 and therefore allow me to run the technics directly through the mixer?

Ideally I want 4 decks running in traktor, 2 on timecode vinyl (technics) and 2 via controller (cdj 850s), so if none of the above can achieve this would i be better off ditching the audio 8 and djm 2000 and replacing these with a djm 900 or 2000 nexus?

Any info would be appreciated

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Well, the easiest way is to run the Technics and CDJs into the audio 8 and then to the DJM. This way you will have 4 decks of timecode, which the Audio 8 supports.

Similar to this diagram:
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

im not a 100% on this but i think you cant run 2 soundcards at the same time in traktor. you either pick either one; either connect all audio source/controller to your mixer or audio 8.

unless someone can prove me wrong
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Thanks guys, but I want to run the cdjs as controllers, with the technics running through timecode, so running the cdjs through the audio 8 wouldn't allow this.

I tried to aggregate the sound cards, but didn't have much luck. Anyone have any tips or tried this before?

Tech Guru

If you want a mixer that can perform the role of the Audio 8, you'll need to switch to a DJM 850 or 900. The DJM 2000/2000 Nexus sound card is very limited in comparison.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

you can aggregate your sound cards, so you essentially get two acting as one
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Thanks guys for your responses. I have tried an aggregate device, but I lose the timecode function when i select it in traktor. I am thinking it's because the djm 2000 isn't scratch certified?

makar1 (or anyone else around ), do you know if the djm 850 or 900 allow me to run 2 devices as controllers (cdj 850s) and 2 devices through timecode (sl1200s) simultaneously? I can't find anything online that mentions a set up like this. My kontrol s4 allows something similar, with decks a and b running on the s4 and decks c and d controlling the timecode.

If the above is possible, I guess I'll have to get rid of the djm 2000 and my audio 8 and switch it to a djm 850 or 900.

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    you can aggregate your sound cards, so you essentially get two acting as one
    But you can't use timecode when aggregating soundcards.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

If you want to use the CDJ as a controller over usb, are you sending the sound out through the cdj? (using them in hid mode with Traktor)? This would mean you need to aggregate 3 sound cards, which is a no go!

Is there a particular reason you don't want to run everything through the audio 8?

You could sell your audio 8 and djm 2000 and get a djm 900 instead. One usb cable from your laptop to your mixer is a very practical solution, but if you go to a club that has a djm 800 you're screwed!

What do you mean by "2 devices as controllers"? Why not just use your CDJs with time coded CDs?

With the dim 900 or with your audio 8, you can use 2 x 1210 with time coded vinyl, and 2 x cdj with time coded cd, to control 4 decks in Traktor. Isn't this what you're trying to achieve?