Eat, Sleep, Make Music, Repeat -> tilldrop's (not so) compact little home studio
    Tech Mentor

Default Eat, Sleep, Make Music, Repeat -> tilldrop's (not so) compact little home studio

Update: September 2014

My little home studio as it is right now. I hope you like it as some inspiration. Feel free to leave a question or comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD STUFF

Here is a picture of my little home studio. It grew a lot over the last few month, but I think I'll leave it as is for now. (Well, I'm going to move next month into a slightly bigger flat so... )

There is only one monitor at the moment, because the other one gets repaired, and I need some new buffers for the monitors but apart from that everything is complete for my needs

Feel free to comment or just get inspired how to or how not to make your own studio.
    Last edited by tekki; 09-24-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Nice setup.

Tech Mentor

Is that two XDJR's? What sound card are you using to run all your gear?

Tech Mentor

Yeah, it's two XDJs with ones output linked to the second ones aux in and a small mixer to merge the headphone outs into one. For production I currently use the audio interface of the XDJs since my mic is a (cheap) USB mic. When processed with some effects it's good enough (like in Animals by Martin Garrix, but I would not use it for acoustic stuff. I recently got a more decent mic, but the behringer xenxy usb mixer has such a bad noise ratio that I wait for the time when I want a "real" audio interface.

Default Eat, Sleep, Make Music, Repeat -> My (not so) compact little home studio

My son has that same bed. Mostly Lego underneath, though. He also has a ladder. Where's your ladder?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Well my toys are a bit bigger, but other than that: I could be your son.

The ladder is on the bed since I actually do not sleep in that bed. It's still good for workouts though. I might dump it next month when I move again, but the desk is nice so... Yeah.

Tech Mentor

Updated with a new picture of my recent home studio setup.

Sweet!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Super cool set up man!