Mac specs for Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ba5booster View Post
    alright thanks Padi_04 this really helps
    im still looking for anyone who uses a MBA for music production
    or would the Pro be better suited for Music Production ???
    The macbook pro IS more suited to music production.

• More pixels = more workspace on the screen.
    • Faster processor = more cpu for hungry VST's.

If its going to be your one-stop-shop machine where you are equally serious about DJ'ing and production get a pro.

If its going to be primarily for DJ'ing and some fooling around with production an Air is more than adequate these days .

In either laptop get as much Ram as you can afford.

Hey dude I was just in your position for the past month. My reqs were all-use laptop, Traktor, and just getting started into production with Reason. I settled with a 2012 MBP retina refurb (i5, 8gb, 128gb SSD). Couldn't be happier :-) Refurbs are solid as they come with brand new battery, new unibody, fully tested (not off the assembly line), and same 1 yr AppleCare as if buying brand new. Check out the options available!

Definitely look at refurbs to save money and weigh the different options in terms of RAM/SSD space/retina vs non-retina on the refurb site based on your budget. As Padi said, make sure you are future proof. Also be careful about future planning for upgrades because the newer models of Macbooks cannot be upgraded in terms of space (you'll be stuck with whatever SSD is on board).

Also check out my similar thread from a few weeks ago: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=80679

There's a bunch of old threads as well that I found on here talking about the same stuff. Hope this helped! Good luck!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 04-10-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Tech Wizard

Ahhhhhh right right deevey i see what you mean
    so on a whole i should go with the MBP because it will be able to do everything i need and then some

thanks alot for al of your help i have almost certainly made my decision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12