DJTT Ongoing Colab Mix Rules - have your say !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJTT Ongoing Colab Mix Rules - have your say !

Hey guys, 10 people seemed to be too many with the previous two mixes, so i was thinking that perhaps we could drop the amount of people by half and times the amount of time each person gets to mix with by 2.
    This means there will be 5 people in a mix, mixing for 15 min each, for a total of a 1 hour 15min long mix. Hopefully working in smaller groups will allow people who are mixing similar genres and tempos to work with one another more closely, while not taking so long for a mix to finish.
    Id love to see these mixes keep on running so we have at least one of these running all the times if possible I am also more than happy to start a sticky that will catalogue these mixes as they are put up.

Opinions? Feedback ? Ideas ? I'm all ears!

Nah, All for it! Just like we discussed on MSN!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

yea i think this is great, the more peoples mixes we can listen to the better! listening is learning
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, I would want to make sure the mixes stay unique and diverse, so it's not all the same styles together. I don't think 10 people was too many, just people had things come up. We can just organize smaller mixes... like... 2 man mixes, 5 man mixes and 10 man mixes, kinda thing.

Have them on different schedules. Like, every week we'll have a new 2 man mix. Every month we'll have a new 5 man mix. Every 3 months we'll have a ten man mix. That could be entertaining.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Cool... We might need seperate moderators to keep these things happening properly though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Well, I would want to make sure the mixes stay unique and diverse, so it's not all the same styles together. I don't think 10 people was too many, just people had things come up. We can just organize smaller mixes... like... 2 man mixes, 5 man mixes and 10 man mixes, kinda thing.

Have them on different schedules. Like, every week we'll have a new 2 man mix. Every month we'll have a new 5 man mix. Every 3 months we'll have a ten man mix. That could be entertaining.
    That would look a little something like this -
    September 1st - 2 Man Mix + 5 Man Mix
    September 8th - 2 Man Mix
    September 15th - 2 Man Mix
    September 22nd - 2 Man Mix
    September 29th - 2 man Mix
    October 1st - 5 Man Mix
    October 6th - 2 Man Mix
    October 13th - 2 Man Mix
    October 20th - 2 Man Mix
    October 27th - 2 Man Mix
    November 1st - 5 man Mix
    November 3rd - 2 Man Mix
    November 10th - 2 Man Mix
    November 17th - 2 Man Mix
    November 24th - 2 Man Mix
    November 30th - 10 man Mix

I think its a bit of a logistical nightmare and could use some simplifying personally.
    How about for every 5 x 5 man mixes we do, we do a 10 man mix - this would easily be self propelled by the community and there wouldnt be confusion as to what mix is coming up next.
    That said if i put all the dates up in a sticky and you guys agree to make sure the starting posts happen to initiate each mix on time we can do it.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-18-2008 at 05:30 AM.

If I look at your schedule, 1 10 men mix every 3 5 men mixes.

I'd like to encourage ppl to start 2 man mixes by themselves also. It doesn't require special date or special djtt mixtape announcement, you can just pm some guy and start working with the mixtape. :P It only takes the initiative and a positive response to get co-operation started. These would be released as a mixtape from the dj's not djtt.

That doesn't outrule the idea of 2, 5 and 10 man mixes from djtt. I like the idea of bigger mixes anyways and they have to be somewhat organized so djtt announcement + dates are good for those. And those mixes will be nice to listen to for the years to come. "Stuff from the bery beginning of djtt". There should be some kind of ruling or encouragement to members to join the making of the mixes because it can easily go to a situation where same 8 ppl are on all of the mixes. Something gentlemen like, give space if you've been on the last one. If there isn't enough volunteers then you can also join.

I hate to use strict rules to these kind of things, so it would be better if all this could be resolved by ppl acting fair and carebear. :P

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is true, Bento. I would want to encourage everyone to create as many mixes, 1, 2, 3, 10, or 80 people big, as they want and can. I guess I'm more thinking on a release schedule so that we can all have time to listen to them, and it doesn't get overwhelming for us all.

Also, to have something like "Official DJ Tech Tools Mixes" or something would be fun. Maybe have contests as this gets bigger.

I'd just like to have upload space available so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle of temporary uploading, know what I mean?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i think the stricter we are with the rules, the less mixes will be completed. but then im a drity anarchist
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast