Which mixer and Tabletop player? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

xone looks the coolest

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fa5ky View Post
    btw we were talking about the djm 400 when i made that post so i figured you would connect the dots. I've havent used the djm 800 etc long enough to talk about them. I have owned a nuo 2.0,3.0, xone 02,djm 400,600,707 and done a couple gigs on a buddys 42 so im basing my opinion on that.
    Nobody mentioned the 400 prior to your post. Check again...
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    I'll agree they price their mid-line high, but when you go that route, you can spend another bill or two and get the good shit man (IE> CDJ-400 vs CDJ-800). Save your money. And I'm sorry, but the feature set on a DJM-400 beats the Nuo 2 and Xone 22. Those two mixers are so bare bones. I'm not sure where the 400/600 Pioneers lack in feature? But I can clearly see how the lower level A&H and Eclers do. There is your price difference on the mid-line (do you want FX? Sampling?)

I will concede that Denons have nice decks / pricing on the lower end of the spectrum.
    talking about that.

Tech Mentor

i should really start quoting to avoid confusion lol.

I was routing around in the basement the other day and bumped into my old DJM 300 and CDJ 100's

didnt even know i still had em tell you what guys, cudos to Pioneer, they all still work like a charm , no fader problems nothing, considering they've been in a cardboard box for about 6 years that is impressive!
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    I was routing around in the basement the other day and bumped into my old DJM 300 and CDJ 100's

didnt even know i still had em tell you what guys, cudos to Pioneer, they all still work like a charm , no fader problems nothing, considering they've been in a cardboard box for about 6 years that is impressive!
    That's some pretty old gear. Good gems, good times. Sorry to DJTT posters for getting carried away in the 09' Debate I started here, lol. We took it to PM.

Best of luck to the OP with whatever he chooses.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

I hate to start this flamewar again, but I need some advice on this unruly DJM800 vs. XONE92 thing... again.

I am currently very undecided on which one to buy- though I tend towards the A&H.
    To understand this I have to give a bit of intro, please stay with me.
    I currently own an A8DJ-Soundcard and some Midicontrollers (Oxygen8, NanoPAD etc.). I just recently came across a Lemur on ebay, which to my amazement nobody really wanted so that I actually won the bid.

I'm thinking about getting a professional mixer now to finish the hybrid-mixing-setup.
    The problem I have is this:
    • To the best of my knowledge, the Pioneer DJM800 is the mixer that is de facto the standard nowadays.
    • The XONE is better sounding and is of the superior build-quality.
    • DJM800 includes a lot of effects and is fully MIDI-mapable.
    • I don't have any intention of going to CDJs in the future- more likely vinyl, but not very soon as well.

I am drawn towards the XONE, although I can't find any good points besides the sound, the superior EQ-Section and the Filters.
    The Pioneer sounds nice but has a lot of things I simply don't need. I use Traktor Pro, what do I need FX for? And I won't be maxing out my skills on my current MIDI-Controllers anytime soon, so why would I need the MIDI-assignement.
    I do however am a bit scared as to wether it's a good idea to grow used to a XONE when all the clubs are equipped with Pioneer.
    As it's common here to be booked all night, would it be too much to ask a club owner if I could bring my own mixer?

Would be pleased to get some insight on the matter from you guys. But please don't start any flamewars- I know some aspects are pure personal preference, but I try to see if I overlooked anything besides the stated points.
    I mix stuff on my things...

IMHO mixers arent all that different to mix with - just as long as you dont become too dependant on the mixer you currently use's unique features.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234