The benefits of maschine/push in a dj setup?

Default The benefits of maschine/push in a dj setup?

Hi guys,
    I was wondering, I see so many deep- / techhouse guys with a NI Machine or Ableton push in their DJ setups.
    I see most of 'em just inserting extra high hats, claps, kicks and vocal samples.
    Both are wonderful pieces of kit, but are there more benefits of just adding extra caps?

Cheers ,

Wout

Tech Wizard

Dj wise they feel good and look fantastic in the dark. Owning them can enhance your production efficiency in the studio too, which might lead to more gigs. Are they necessary? No.
    I've written a few bangers and played a few raves but have since sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by immon View Post
    Dj wise they feel good and look fantastic in the dark. Owning them can enhance your production efficiency in the studio too, which might lead to more gigs. Are they necessary? No.
    No denying they look fantastic and i agree that they are superb for studio use, but I'm really looking out of a pure DJ standpoint. Not into Deep House myself so maybe a dumb question for some people

Tech Convert

Push is also amazing to integrate your own music loops in an easy way
    Sound designer.

Tech Guru

If you're just gonna be throwing in loops, might as well just use a Midifighter.

I'd get the Push for production purposes though. Looks fantastic. I should have snagged it when it was 450 dollars
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior