3D & Twister same height?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 3D & Twister same height?

hey I'm looking to order a Twister this week, will be using it alongside my 3D, but I was just wondering if they sit the same height? I know the 3D is propped up on feet, and from what I can see, the Twister isn't. Was really hoping they sit the same height for maximum coolness appearance

Tech Mentor

also sidenote: was the Spectra really discontinued due to low sales? I follow the MIDI Fighter facebook page and it seemed like they were posting different configurations of the device people had ordered every week. Hopefully you allow the 3D to be more customizable like the Spectra was in the near future

Except for the feet, identical i believe.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

well that's what I am getting at. if I have a 3D and a twister side by side, is it going to look weird with them not sitting flush in height?

i sit my 3d and spectra on a small board, between the legs of the 3d, raising both to mixer height and they sit flush. you can always remover the feet from the 3d if you wish.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

well i can tell you that my twister and spectra sit at the same height. and according to jester the spectra and the 3d sit at the same height. so if we use a little transitive property, we can conclude that the twister must sit at the same height as the 3d

Tech Mentor

oh awesome. thanks for answering. had no idea the Spectra was same height. So i guess the body of the 3D is thinner than the spectra, but with the feet they are the same. interesting

ya most likely. the twister actually has quite a different style body than the spectra. the twister has a lot of empty space underneath the face, surprisingly. there is a big circle cut out on the underside.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Twister faceplate is roughly 1mm taller than Spectra's. Difference between them is not that bad and they are still comfortable enough to use together. I tend to control knobs by grabbing them from the top so basically the "control" height is the same as arcade buttons.

Last edited by padi_04; 04-29-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Paddy has a twister already ... get him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast