Importing a synth into Machine 2.0 - stuck

Default Importing a synth into Machine 2.0 - stuck

Hi - I'm a bit stuck as to how to import my Slyenth Synth into Maschine 2.0

I've been running them both in my Cubase 6, but today this weekend I've decided I want to get to know more just doing things in Machine 2.0 environment. Can't seem to get my Machine to find/import my Sylenth synth. Am I missing something super obvious or do I need to go back to my full DAW?

Thanks for any help
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Make sure the VST is in the right place and that Maschine is looking for plugins there in its preferences.

If it's scanning the right folder but missing that VST, call NI.

Thanks Botstein - thats a help.

I've just checked and my Slyenth (marked Sylenth1 I think as I had the demo version then when I bought the paid version it seemed to install as Sylent1) is in my HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/ directory which Machine 2.0 has in the Plugins section of the Library. I've tried rescanning and it's still not seeing it (the other plugins seem fine)? This synth is coming up in my Cubase 6 so am not sure what's wrong.

So it seems to be scanning the right folder, the locations is set up ok, it's just not coming up in my Manager panel sadly.

I'll try contacting NI - never knew this was an issue with my setup until I wanted to work just in Maschine :/
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

Cheers again Botstein for your help

I finally got some time to chase this up with NI - turns out it's an issue with 32bit/64bit plugins.

My Maschine 2.0 was running in 64 and wasn't picking up the Sylenth in 32. Now fixed finally.

"
    My first guess is a version Mismatch: Maschine 1 started in 32-bit mode by
    default, Maschine 2 starts in 64-bit mode. So if your Plugin is not compatible
    with 64-bit then it will not show up in Maschine.

Try to start Maschine 2 in the alternative Bit mode (32-bit if you were in 64-bit
    or 64-bit if you were in 32-bit) and let me know if your plugin shows up again.
    Learn to do so here:

"

looks like Sylenth1 is still in 32 bit for OSX - but hopefully a 64 native will be coming soon

http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/home/