Perspective Set-Up (Help Me Cut Costs!!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Perspective Set-Up (Help Me Cut Costs!!)

First, I want to put in a sizable investment upfront rather than re-buying gear later.

With that, I'd like to stay close to the models/brands given, although I'd appreciate if someone said, instead of buying X mixer, you can get X mixer because it will do the same job.

Amplifier: QSC GX5 1400-Watt Power Amplifier $400

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018D84YC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24X6ELRTX1AGU&coliid=I31VFJ5JUFV646
    Loudspeakers: JBL JRX115 15-Inch $218

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GJTH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24X6ELRTX1AGU&coliid=I17A8W0TTEVOW1
    Mixer: Pioneer DJM-850-K DJ Mixer $1500

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007K3ROKY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24X6ELRTX1AGU&coliid=I3NOVZ50PNW1NG
    Decks: Pioneer CDJ-900 $1200 X 2 $2400

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031T9850/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24X6ELRTX1AGU&coliid=I6D6H8TJBD3XS
    Headphones: Pioneer HDJ-2000 $200

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001LQXYKK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24X6ELRTX1AGU&coliid=I2ZZH1ZF36M42D
    Total $4936

Tech Wizard

What exactly are you going to use the set up for? Are you gonna use it for home use or for small parties or for a venue?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    What exactly are you going to use the set up for? Are you gonna use it for home use or for small parties or for a venue?
    I am going to use it to train so that I can do festivals down the line, and I will also be using it to mobile DJ to support myself and gain experience along the way.

In addition, I live in a small city with 7 or 8 clubs, and once I am up to speed on these, I will try and get into one of those.

The Genre that I want to focus on is EDM.

Tech Wizard

Are you new to DJ'ing?

Tech Guru

I think you should, instead of buying a pioneer mixer... buy a goat.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Are you new to DJ'ing?
    Yes.

Tech Guru

And you already know you'll enjoy dj'ing right? To spend that much you must do.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    And you already know you'll enjoy dj'ing right? To spend that much you must do.
    I'd sure hope so. That's three summers of work there.

Tech Wizard

I would highly suggest you start learning on a laptop first, just so you get in the hang of DJ'ing, I personally did not spend thousands on a set up first because I knew I needed to know 1000000% that I wanted to do this...that was 6 years ago, forward today, I'm opening for one of Hardwells shows in the next couple of weeks, and I started on a latop with virtual dj lol so before you spend, be smart about this cause $5000 is a lot for equipment. Also, you cant just focus on dance music, you will NEVER get noticed because of the high volume of dance DJs right now, I learned how to mix hip-hop and all other genres so that once I wanted to play in clubs, I wasn't limited to one genre. Suggestion: buy a decent priced controller and learn the basics first, HDJ 500 headphones (one of the best headphones, I choose them over the 2000s), some KRK rockits. Start small and build from there

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I think you should, instead of buying a pioneer mixer... buy a goat.
    I'd rather have a camel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast