DJ Hero as SCRATCH MIXER!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJ Hero as SCRATCH MIXER!

So i was able to map the buttons from the Wii DJ Hero mixer with Ableton, I'm also running Serato outputs into M-Audio Audio Interface jus to try..
    Couple things, I wasnt able to get a good feel when i mapped the Turntable controller with Traktor, and the crossfader doesn't go far enough across to cut the other channel.. Theres suppposed to be an update for the CF issue and i'm working on that now..
    Well it was good fun messin' around with this little simple controller, hopefully i'll hav more to share soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSX6Au0smdE

Neat stuff!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djscottydoo View Post
    So i was able to map the buttons from the Wii DJ Hero mixer with Ableton, I'm also running Serato outputs into M-Audio Audio Interface jus to try..
    Couple things, I wasnt able to get a good feel when i mapped the Turntable controller with Traktor, and the crossfader doesn't go far enough across to cut the other channel.. Theres suppposed to be an update for the CF issue and i'm working on that now..
    Well it was good fun messin' around with this little simple controller, hopefully i'll hav more to share soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSX6Au0smdE

couldn't you just edit the rotary sensitivity, that way you can get it to cut out completely on the fader?
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Tech Convert

Ah yes, i was able to edit the scaling of the crossfade in Osculator, and now i hav the CF goin all the way through.. It's on now! yee

Tech Mentor

it is a dope demonstration tho, props mang!
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

NICE Little mod sort of thing. I have a DJ Hero Mixer and I was wondering also if I i can mod it also. But still need to figure out some stuff. But cool stuff.
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

Dose anyone know how to do this in a pc ?

Tech Guru

nice scratching!

Tech Convert

@mr.drummer.boy

PC Wiimote Midi..
    - A Wiimote
    - A Bluetooth Dongle (if your computer doesn't have Bluetooth already, about $30).
    - GlovePie (freeware). Converts the signals sent from your wiimote to Midi (or anything else).
    - MidiOX (freeware). Manages MIDI. Although I can use it to route my in and outputs, I really only use it as a MIDI monitor. You can contribute to MIDIOX thru Amazon.com-- I gave them 10 bucks.

I dont know if these softwares support the DJ Hero Controller tho.. Osculator took a few updates until it was working

http://ericmedine.com/tute_wiitomidi.htm

Thanks scotty . Will tru it in the morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast