Pioneer DDJ SZ with Traktor....Yay....or Nay?
    Tech Wizard

Default Pioneer DDJ SZ with Traktor....Yay....or Nay?

I don't want to get into the Traktor v Serato battle,

But I really want the SZ, I've been pondering an upgrade of my n4 for ages, reading and watching countless reviews, looking at all the options, having used both Serato & Traktor , I prefer Traktor, it does what I want it to do and I understand there are good mappings available for the SZ for Traktor. At the same time, not the biggest fan of Kontrol S4

However, I feel if I forked out the 2 grand to use it with Traktor it would not get the full use of what the SZ was designed for...Serato only, I have no desire to change my workflow to Serato either!

Plus I am starting to use the Traktor broadcast function a lot as of late. I also use an F1 for remix decks.

Anybody out there have any advice?

PS: At a huge long shot, as with the DJ T1 & S1, I wish a DDJ TZ Traktor version came out in future...although with Native Instruments plugging their own gear....will probably never happen!

Tech Guru

The integration will be worse in Traktor, so I wouldn't spend that much on a controller only to use inferior software.

The CDJ 900s/2000s have proper Traktor integration and there's the X1 for FX control; if you buy used they should cost less than the SZ in total.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Funnily enough cdj 900 / djm 850 is what was also thinking of, just cos I can wean myself off traktor and get used to the cdj format which is pretty much club standard!

Tech Guru

I would take CDJ900s over a controller any day.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior