Any idea what is in the pipeline for Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Any idea what is in the pipeline for Traktor?

I needed to post because I am frustrated...I have DJ'ed for 15 years and was one of the first to use Traktor on a PC and then beta-tested and used it on the Mac [so I was around before there was even a mac version, believe it or not].
    I have been a digital DJ for a long, long time...

Anyway, I took a few years off and just hopped back on board a few months ago. I had an S4 and some turntables and needed to update my software, no problem. I was able to get the download for the newest version of Traktor BUT not for Traktor Scratch. And mind you, I own/have serial #'s in my service manager account all the way back to the first Final Scratch. I sold my A8 a while ago, so all I have is the s4 which I was using for DVS.

Ok, so no download -- I placed an order for the $99 software which is delivered via box with the control records (didn't even need those as I just purchased a new set of red ones). It said it was backordered...so I paid and waited a few weeks. No news, apparently they said it would take several weeks because they were out of stock. Now why is it out of stock? I am thinking something new is around the corner...right now you can't purchase any software for DVS with S4.

Here's the other thing, I figured maybe I would buy a Z2 -- I don't really need one, I have the S4, but I really want a DVS system and right now, even though I have several scratch serial #'s, I can't get a version of the newest scratch. Get this, even on Amazon, the Z2 says it is going to be several weeks to be in stock, and the other big stores don't have them either.

This combined with the price drop on the S4 for the month of April has me speculating that we are on the cusp of some new software and hardware? Has anyone else had any experiences like myself in the past few weeks? It is just so weird....I had to vent.

Nice detective work

Tech Guru

I wouldn't worry about a S4 MK3. The MK2's were just released 6 months ago so it'd be way too soon for an update. The Z2 just went on sale in February so if there was going to be a update for that it would've been announced already.

Tech Guru

The next big update from Traktor is most likely going to be TP3 or some sort of upgrade to the remix decks/maschine integration. Also some sort of link between TDJ and TP/TSP will not be far off.

We've had version 2 now since 2010, and to be fair the current version (2.6.8) is a far cry from the original version 2, with all the remix decks, key detection, loop recorder, macro effects, etc, but they still don't deem it worthy of "Version 3".

Given NIs past upgrade time frames, they usually do a major upgrade between 3-5 years. With the recent boost Serato DJ received with the whole Pioneer controller range, you can guarantee that NI will release something hard hitting before the end of the year.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The next big update from Traktor is most likely going to be TP3 or some sort of upgrade to the remix decks/maschine integration.
    You name it

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi-J View Post
    You name it
    Name what? I'm just extrapolating from NIs previous update pattern and most requested features. On the remix deck, a lot of the complaints stem from there not being any basic clip editing tools within Traktor, meaning you have to constantly go to a DAW to get a really good remix set going. This would also be solved by a much requested feature; Maschine and Traktor integration.

Personally, short of Traktor releasing some sort of revolutionary instrument isolator, I can't think of a single thing NI could put in that would actually blow my mind, because it already does everything I want it to and more.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

I think he meant "You said it"
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The next big update from Traktor is most likely ....maschine integration.
    You said it

^^ what he said ^^
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast