Nick Warren kicked off the deck in Seoul for not playing commercial.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The thought also crossed my mind that it's a bait and switch. Sell out your club with a big name. Kick them off and not pay. Pay resident DJ. Don't tell people in the line that Nick Warren/DJ Shadow got booted off for being "too future".
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    If it's any consolation...I saw Zedd on a Bud Light commercial today. And he wasn't playing anything popular!

At least I don't think it was popular. I wouldn't really be able to tell you what is "popular" anymore.
    That's gotta be a joke right? I just watched Zedd (never seen or heard him before) play Coachella and it was THE WORST crap I've ever heard. Horrible "Pop" Electro Dance Shite.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    That's gotta be a joke right? I just watched Zedd (never seen or heard him before) play Coachella and it was THE WORST crap I've ever heard. Horrible "Pop" Electro Dance Shite.
    But they have sold it to everyone as "cool"...it's on the radio...it's legit right?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    The thought also crossed my mind that it's a bait and switch. Sell out your club with a big name. Kick them off and not pay. Pay resident DJ. Don't tell people in the line that Nick Warren/DJ Shadow got booted off for being "too future".
    Completely agree. Which is why I feel the initial contract should require full payment plus a fee for expenses if this should happen. You will find the root of the problem when it start costing people money.
    Although, I think the blame can be spread to others too...including the new entitlement generation who think they are the only people in the room because they over-paid for a bottle of booze that's probably watered down .

What I want to know is why people are paying for a table in a club when they don't like the nights headline act? Its like going to the movies and asking for the film to the changed because you don't like whats showing.

What were they expecting a progressive house legend to play? Were they expecting what passes today as "progressive house" and didn't realise there is a difference?

Saw Nick Warren in Perth 2 weeks ago. LEGEND.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    What I want to know is why people are paying for a table in a club when they don't like the nights headline act? Its like going to the movies and asking for the film to the changed because you don't like whats showing.

What were they expecting a progressive house legend to play? Were they expecting what passes today as "progressive house" and didn't realise there is a difference?

Saw Nick Warren in Perth 2 weeks ago. LEGEND.
    Wealthy people don't look at lineups. They get what they want, when they want, where ever they want.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    I think big DJs should start putting more important language in their rider... If the club owners shut them down prior to the end of the set (for ridiculous circumstances like these), they should pay the full agreed amount plus a fee. They don't realize a DJ could have taken a gig someplace else where the promoter booking actually understands the type of music they play.
    Hit them in their wallet and they will either stop this practice, or invest in a jukebox with crap music in it
    Most headliners get their entire fee before they play the gig.
    Unless they have idiots for agents.

Not a joke. He wasn't playing #Selfie or anything I recognized, but I personally hated the song...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I warned people that the VIP would ruin the nightclub experience, but I never imagined it would be more powerful than the music itself.

PEDS?....Pop Electro Dance Shite!

Is that the crap side of EDM?

LOL!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast