Xone DB4/Xone K2/Traktor/MBP-----Does it work well??
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone DB4/Xone K2/Traktor/MBP-----Does it work well??

Played a DB4 in a store and fell in love.
    Considering getting one and a K2 to use via X-Link. One USB cable to Macbook for audio I/O, Ethernet to K2 and main outs! Seems very portable and quick to setup, just wanna know if its a reliable rig, especially the USB Audio interface drivers for Mac OSX and the X-Link port.

If anyone has gigged with this set up, please advise.....its a lot of money to spend on something which doesn't work as advertised!

Cheers and thanks!
    F

I use for gigs Ableton, Traktor, Maschine, F1 and db4 mixer, never has let me down, thinking of getting K2 too. But generally you shouldn't have any problems.

Tech Mentor

Hi MockusD , you use the soundcard of the DB4 with Ableton, Traktor and Maschine ??
    People on the official Xone forum are not very happy with the sound card drivers......

The latest drivers are proving to be stable for both USB2 and USB3 MacBooks. I normally use a DB2 with a pair of X1mk2 and certainly enjoy how quick and easy it sets up. I've thought about the K2's but I'm happy with how the X1's integrate straight out of the box with Traktor, although I've remapped a few buttons it's much easier than having to do every function on the K2 (couldn't find anyone else's TSI that suited how I play).
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    Hi MockusD , you use the soundcard of the DB4 with Ableton, Traktor and Maschine ??
    People on the official Xone forum are not very happy with the sound card drivers......
    Yes, I use soundcard of db4, happy with it.

Tech Guru

100% happy with mine and rock solid. I even did the modification so that I can use the DB4 with timecode and never one single issue. If you are considering the db4 then go for it - you will not be sorry!

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys! At that price, they better be reliable and work as advertised!!!