[Progressive House] Pharrell Williams - Happy (Rablat Remix) - Plz Listen And feedback would be nice
    Tech Mentor

Default Pharrell Williams - Happy (Rablat Remix) - Plz Listen And feedback would be nice

To start off, the song is waaaay tooo slow for a prog house track. Is it at 115 bpm? There's no written rule, you can put any tempo you want, but in my opinion it's too slow and makes it boring. Unless you're trying to do a chill track or more of a hip beat, because that's what it sounds like. I'm sure if you put it to 128 bpm, right away the song will improve.

Also, what happened to the low frequencies? Did you cut off everything under 80-100hz? I can barely feel the kick, I only hear it.

Tech Mentor

The bpm is at 120, It was my intent to make a nu disco track at first so thats why the bpm is a bit slow. It sounded good to me at 120 so I just kept it that way. Im thinking now to go back and change it though now that you mention it.

I dont know why you cant feel the bass I pumped up the bass around those frequencies. Me personally I can feel the bass maybe its the speakers/headphones your listening to them on?

Thanks for listening appreciate your feedback!

Generally not my taste in music these days so keep that in mind. Also, I'm listening through headphones; not near my monitors right now.

I agree the vocals are too slow. I'm not sure how you warped them but they just don't have enough energy for the rest of the track. I like the lead synth but the track does sound slightly muddy in the lows, maybe make more room for the kick? Overall I would say its decent man. Keep grinding

I mentionned the tempo because in the description you put progressive house. That's why I'm saying it's really slow for a progressive house track.

I will listen to it again in the morning on my studio monitors, maybe you're right because I put my headphones on and I heard the different, more of a kick feel. But like DJ SB said, it sounds muddy.

Good job though. Keep it up.

Tech Mentor

This is the same track at 128 bpm.

Thanks for listening

Tech Mentor

Listening on my monitors and I agree with posts above, just seems to be a lack of bass you can really feel. Otherwise pretty good.