DJing with MIDI Video Game Controllers

Default DJing with MIDI Video Game Controllers

Hi all! I'm new to the site and pretty new to DJing. I'm wondering if anyone out there in the controllerism world uses video game controllers such as flight simulator joysticks or racing steering wheels to control features in their DJ software. Yesterday I was able to hook up a Rock Band guitar to control Traktor , and mapped enough features to be able to select songs, play either deck, fade between decks, control volume, and toggle a couple effects. That seems to be enough features for me to DJ at a friends smaller house party with just the wireless Rock Band guitar, has anyone tried anything like this?

In the past I mapped my Wii controller sticks to play drums with NI Battery (certain buttons would control sustain & velocity). A whole lot of fun for bits at a time, but nothing groundbreaking.

More recently I setup a wired usb Microsoft 360 (identical to the Xbox 360 controller) to control Traktor. Had to use a Joystick configure app to change the incoming messages to Midi. Again it is fun, but nothing I have used consistently.
    "MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!"