Has my amp just blew !!??
    Tech Mentor

Default Has my amp just blew !!??

my setup is in my shed so I switched the power on from my house then the amp wouldnt turn on i chaged the fuse in the plug still nothing,it was working half hour ago any ideas ? just problems after problems with my setup

ok power comes from the house but stuff is in shed
    i guess you are using an extension cord to get power out there? how long is it?
    and is it rated for that much power of that length...?

also and most importantly, how much power are you trying to supply out in the shed? Im sure its to MORE than the amp alone..

if so, u may have blown and it may be the problem with your setup.

Just because a plug reaches from point A to B doesnt mean the voltage you get at the end is stable.

I have a power compound miter saw and i can run it fine on a 12ft extension

ill bet i blow the motor out if i try running it on a 50ft extension.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    ok power comes from the house but stuff is in shed
    i guess you are using an extension cord to get power out there? how long is it?
    and is it rated for that much power of that length...?

also and most importantly, how much power are you trying to supply out in the shed? Im sure its to MORE than the amp alone..

if so, u may have blown and it may be the problem with your setup.

Just because a plug reaches from point A to B doesnt mean the voltage you get at the end is stable.

I have a power compound miter saw and i can run it fine on a 12ft extension

ill bet i blow the motor out if i try running it on a 50ft extension.
    there is one power supply in my shed

Was the fuse you replaced actually blown? Does the outlet still put out power?

If the answer to the first question is No, as antifm suggested, you may be lacking power.
    If the answer tot he second question is No, check your breakers.
    If the answer to the first question is Yes, your amp may be blown.
    If the answer to the second question is Yes, your amp may be blown.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

also u can take your AMP into the HOUSE and plug ONE item in with it to get sound out.
    Then turn it on and test it. Obviously you would be plugged into an outlet OTHER then the shed supply.

While there is a supply in the shed, u have to understand there are other (outlets/ sockets/ switches) that get power BEFORE the line gets to the shed. We are all assuming the supply for the shed is ON ITS OWN but im trying to help you find out if that is true.
    IT is possble that if you have an irregular voltage going to the shed, ur amp would blow.

If i remember correctly there is sometimes a RESET inside the amp itself. Its either a thermal overload or breaker built into it which can be reset. it prevents damage to the device in cases like these.
    However it still possible that your setup connected to the only supply in the shed would have pulled more power then that internal (safety) would have been able to work fast enough to protect you from

Tech Mentor

I trun the power on from the shed from one plug but its not an extension lead , I just took the amp into my house and tried nothing tho not even the red light on is this sign off it being useless