Looking to get back into dj'ing again - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    I would say a good choice going with that equipment. Good for a home setup. Cheap, easy to setup, and fun to use. Simple! If I were to upgrade eventually, I would start with the mixer. I used to have the DJM400, but I absolutely need an effect knob for each channel, that I can manually control the effect. That's just me.

Maybe the firmware of the equipment needs to be updated. Check which firmware you have on them, and check what the latest update is.
    Thanks! Firmware is 1.33 and after checking that's the same version my last pair had. Just odd behavior to me but I'm trying to just flat out ignore it cause I've come across another pair but want to avoid buying more gear that I frankly don't need just to put a supposed problem to rest.

That crummy video I made, shows me searching then spinning the platter back the track clock pauses for a second then continues on but the platter is being turned backwards regardless. Anyways it's probably a buffer memory issue. Yes the mixer needs to be sorted, I've been looking at a djm-850 now.

Yeah your right about the buffer it is quite small range, so spinning the jogs heel alot Elon one direction the so g will eventually stop until the cdj can "catch up"
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JayRuss View Post
    Yeah your right about the buffer it is quite small range, so spinning the jogs heel alot Elon one direction the so g will eventually stop until the cdj can "catch up"
    In my semi-mentalist state thinking there was something wrong with the CDJ's I got, I decided to try to re-flash the 1.33 firmware in hopes that it would fix whatever I perceived to be an issue. Well these do NOT like that, as I tried to re-upload the 1.33 firmware the CDJ just clicked like mad while saying downloading though the process never started. All I hope is that I did not damage anything further with my obsessive medling.

I finally recalled using the CDJ's with vinyl turned off when I previously owned them. For some reason I just started using them with vinyl since it's been so long, and came across this "issue". So hopefully I did not do irreparable harm to these the clicking was pretty loud. Disks all seem to load/eject fine. I feel like a heel for real.

I wonder what could have caused that clicking noise, I've had it happen only once on my last set of CDJ-400's but a quick turn off/turn on and it went away.

One last observation on these CDJ-400's. Since I have these down in my basement with sound deadening everywhere. Call me overly obsessive still but when each deck goes through it's eject process one sounds louder than the other. I know these units had issues with cd eject problems I'm wondering if that's a sign that one is on it's way out already?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234