Rekordbox and CDJ2000 Questions
    Tech Mentor

Default Rekordbox and CDJ2000 Questions

So i just moved from my 900s and Traktor to 2000s ( non -nxs ). Ive been working with rekordbox and setting up my tracks for usb to try to get away from the computer.

I have a few questions/issues im running into. Watched plenty of tutorials on rekordbox and cdjs and still stumped.

I have properly exported to USB so that the tracks are playing thru rekordbox and not just a mp3 file.

1. While on the CDJ2000 Some tracks when i load to the deck, will load and be ready on cue/first grid marker. Some tracks will just instantly start playing and says i have not set a cue when i try to hit the cue button or cue/call back button. Why is this? I made sure all grids and everything where set in rekordbox. Do i have to actually set the first down beat to A hot cue? Or is that where i use the 10cue memory bank to set. Pretty much i want the track to start up on the first grid beat, like traktor does when i load it onto the deck.

2. via tutorial i learned how to call up the 3 hot cues, since they do not auto load like the NXS. My questions is, how do i get those 3 cues to dissappear when i load the next track. It seems that if i load another song on that deck, the 3 hotcues are still for the other song, and if i accidentally hit that cue button, it takes me back to that song. Do i have to manually cue/call every track?

3. If its a track with no hot cues , when i load it how do i get rid of the old cue list from the other track so that way i cant hit abc by accident and go back to the previous track?

If there is a video that explains this all that i missed, a link would be awesome!

thanks in advance!

Moe

Tech Guru

Enabling Autocue might help for the 1st problem.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB