Traktor Scratch Pro 2 DOWNLOAD and timecodes plretty PLease - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    did u ever notice how its always "ugrent"
    as if the persons upcoming gig is going to possible end their career HAHA

sorry. i know it has nothing to do wit the original message but it just gets me sometimes.

OFten you see a thread started "URGENT- PLEASE HELP" Time limited!!!!

and in the message you see things like "Its this weekend" or "Its happening tonight and theres no more time!"

i sometimes wonder what happened to patients and planning?
    Maybe sometimes it is. I am literally just back from Australia after 2 years with very little notice due to visa issues and I decided two days ago I would go and do the season in Ibiza again and DJ. Having only really been Djing as a hobbie in Australia due to living the family life I only had my S4 in the house to play around with. So I got home and it took me a day or so to figure out why the timecodes etc were not working on Traktor Pro 2 and with my old MKI vinyls. Then I never had cd's to try the cds out on either and after a few days of troubleshooting I got some cdjs off a friend for a day or so using the old Traktor but it had deleted all my cue points and every piece of data to all my music so I was mixing fine but for the type of mixing I will be doing it was just way too time consuming setting up finding the next tune, setting up cue points etc etc all in a matter of a minute or so and sounding and looking stupid. So yea that never worked out no matter how hard I tried.
    I am going for trials for DJ jobs... Its what they do here in Ibiza and its pretty normal so I dont want to be that guy with tunes running out etc because I am trying to set cue points in the middle of my set plus mic work is involved as well so I just threw the towel in on that idea and decided I would just upgrade. Walking around asking club owners/promoters can I bring my S4 in to do my trial is just.... well... a no no!!! No one has time for that and it looks so unprofessional!!

So yea it is pretty urgent, and no its not the end or start of my career, but if the trials start tomorrow and go for the rest of this week for all the DJ jobs in Ibiza for the season and I fuck up.... well then it is then end of my seasonal 'career' here and I will be jumping on the next plane home. So yea its pretty urgent so thanks for pointing that out.

Tech Mentor

I have sent NI 2 separate messages regarding this and there has been no reply either......

Tech Mentor

Thanks for that mate. Got there in the end lol

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Traktor Scratch doesn't come free with the S4
    NI sold the original S4 with a scratch license and no timecode media during a sale a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by manus View Post
    Sorry my bad, typo error. I just have Traktor Pro 2 (the one that comes with the S4) and looking to upgrade to Scratch Pro 2. I was able to buy the time coded cds from a friend who had them still in the wrapper! which was sweet. So I dont need the cds. I dont need a hard copy. I just want to download it and I bought it last night but no download link and just an email to confirm that its being processed.
    Even if you have the timecode CDs, you need the serial number to unlock Scratch functionality in Traktor Pro. There is nothing else to download if you already have the latest version of Traktor Pro 2. Once you receive the hard copy, you will be able to use the new contained Scratch serial number to allow your current version of Traktor to read timecode (that's all Traktor Scratch Pro is, anyway). There is literally nothing you can do to legitimately make timecode work without a Scratch serial number. Therefore, there was also no reason to purchase your friend's CDs. Sorry, but you wasted your money.

wait until a traktor scratch licence pops up on the buy/sell area, they do fairly often.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

I actually have 2 extra, but aren't they linked to the hardware? One came with an A10, and the other with an A6.

No not normally, think they only started doing that with the f1 etc
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Guru

So yes, it is now normal for the software to be linked with the hardware. It's the same for all their products now afaik.

NI do sell the Scratch license in their online store, for the same price as Pro.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Audio 10 and 6 are no longer sold independently, meaning that the licences are tied to the hardware since it's a bundle, same thing you get with Maschine.

It started with the original S4 I believe.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-04-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast