Traktor Scratch Pro 2 DOWNLOAD and timecodes plretty PLease - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Guys, I'm fairly new to Traktor, I'll admit, but what you're saying is confusing me somewhat...

Between a friend and myself, we've got an old A6, a new A6, a pair of Z2s, and a number of the small NI controllers, and neither of our licences appear to be tied to any of that hardware in any way. Neither of us bought separate software licences, we're just using one if the ones that came with kit. And we can chop and change without issue.

Are you sure?

Tech Guru

Hardware can be used on any software. You need to enter the hardware serial before the software serial will work.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^this, once the license has been activated once you can use any other gear with it.

Yes, but the whole point of the "linked" serial debate here started when I said I had two extra Scratch serial numbers, but didn't think I could sell because they came with an A6 and A10. I couldn't transfer either of these serial numbers to the OP (or any other potential buyer) without also transferring the hardware.

Tech Student

I'm kinda in a similar pickle.

I own an Audio 8 with Traktor Scratch Pro 1 but as a Serato user I decided to upgrade after 2 months because I was out of the country when Traktor 2 dropped.

I bought Traktor Pro 2 but now need to buy the "S4 Scratch Upgrade Kit" at £89 on top to work with my new Audio 8 so my question is can I just buy a Traktor Scratch Pro 2 licence key from someone?

I have brand new CDs and Vinyl but they are MK1. I know these won't work as they have turned them off in TSP 2 but I can pick them up cheap enough from DJ stores.
    It's a shame they turned them off as my flatmates MK1s still work as he bought the TSP2 upgrade as soon as it came out. I feel a bit cheated as the licence for MK1 was paid in the N2IT case but they have turned them off for anyone who didn't upgrade instantly.

Ezmyrelda

That sounds kind of like what I had to go through (though opposite).. I received a used (barely) Z2 as a present and the original owner kept using my software serial even after he sold the hardware.. It took me two weeks of arguing with the NI support and an absurd amount of emailing physical photo proof before they (NI) agreed to release my Traktor license.. "Gee thanks NI.. You mean after two weeks of hassle I can finally use my present to it's full capabilities?! That's so gracious of you."

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezmyrelda View Post
    That sounds kind of like what I had to go through (though opposite).. I received a used (barely) Z2 as a present and the original owner kept using my software serial even after he sold the hardware.. It took me two weeks of arguing with the NI support and an absurd amount of emailing physical photo proof before they (NI) agreed to release my Traktor license.. "Gee thanks NI.. You mean after two weeks of hassle I can finally use my present to it's full capabilities?! That's so gracious of you."
    You cannot blame NI here. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure that the seller has de-registered the product or transferred ownership.

NI very rarely get involved in issues regarding 2nd hands sales, it has naff all to do with them. If you persuaded NI to release a software serial without the original owners consent then you are the first I have heard of in my 6 years as a moderator for NI.

NI cannot (and usually do not) release a serial number no matter what evidence you show them because in the eyes of the law unless the original owner surrenders ownership NI cannot know that the software is not still registered to the original owner.

Its like someone going to a garage with my car and trying to sell it without showing the log book or proof of ownership.

NI's hands are tied by the law, not their unwillingness to help out

There are 100's of pages of advice on this matter on the NI forum.

Ezmyrelda

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You cannot blame NI here. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure that the seller has de-registered the product or transferred ownership.

NI very rarely get involved in issues regarding 2nd hands sales, it has naff all to do with them. If you persuaded NI to release a software serial without the original owners consent then you are the first I have heard of in my 6 years as a moderator for NI.

NI cannot (and usually do not) release a serial number no matter what evidence you show them because in the eyes of the law unless the original owner surrenders ownership NI cannot know that the software is not still registered to the original owner.

Its like someone going to a garage with my car and trying to sell it without showing the log book or proof of ownership.

NI's hands are tied by the law, not their unwillingness to help out

There are 100's of pages of advice on this matter on the NI forum.
    Yes, that's the same lame excuse NI kept giving me.. However, without anyway to know who the original owner was, should I be expected to deal with another person's laziness or shiestiness because they didn't want to give up the license that should rightfully go to the owner of the hardware? My point is that this is absolutely technologically surpassable and NI shouldn't automatically assume that new users are thieves just because they didn't buy it new from a retailer or NI themselves.. It's piss poor handling of a situation that could easily be dealt with in a number of technological ways.

and yes. I got a serial.. Whether it was because the original owner released it to them or not is beyond my capability of knowing.. As is.. the identity of the first owner.. So.. Uhh.. whatever happened to that quickly covered up statement from NI that any owners of NI hardware such as S2/S4/Z2 got a copy of the software free?

You can state that NI's hands were tied in the situation but it's clear to me it had nothing to do with legalities and everything to do with piss poor customer service (Which NI has a long history of).
    Last edited by Ezmyrelda; 05-07-2014 at 02:45 AM. Reason: addendum

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Say your laptop is stolen and the thief sells it and the buyer calls NI and tries it have your licence transfered. How happy would you be that they did it. The law protects the owner and until the software is unregistered or transfered it should remain so.

You can be bloody minded about this all you like but you failed to follow the procedure that is clearly stated in the NI Knowledge Base and on the NI forum and, on this forum if you bother to research it.
    Had you sought proof of transfer or received a copy of the deregister email you would've been able to register and activate Traktor without so much as contacting NI at all and saved yourself all the hassle... but you didn't do that.

The owner must have faxed a transfer form, something YOU should have received a copy of before handing any money over...it's just common sense and it's your laziness not NI's that you didn't.

Which ever way you slice it, you fucked up and either the owner or NI made up for it.
    Maybe next time you will follow the correct procedure.

Ezmyrelda

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Say your laptop is stolen and the thief sells it and the buyer calls NI and tries it have your licence transfered. How happy would you be that they did it. The law protects the owner and until the software is unregistered or transfered it should remain so.

You can be bloody minded about this all you like but you failed to follow the procedure that is clearly stated in the NI Knowledge Base and on the NI forum and, on this forum if you bother to research it.
    Had you sought proof of transfer or received a copy of the deregister email you would've been able to register and activate Traktor without so much as contacting NI at all and saved yourself all the hassle... but you didn't do that.

The owner must have faxed a transfer form, something YOU should have received a copy of before handing any money over...it's just common sense and it's your laziness not NI's that you didn't.

Which ever way you slice it, you fucked up and either the owner or NI made up for it.
    Maybe next time you will follow the correct procedure.
    Look, I totally understand that you are supposed to toe the NI line while you are NI moderator.. I was contractually obligated not to talk shit about apple while I worked for them. But obviously you didn't read the part where I specified that I received it as a present.. The people who actually bought it had no idea this sort of hassle was in the future.

How about you direct me directly to the procedure where it states that a gift receiver can enter in their details and automatically have that sent to the current serial user? Because I checked and it doesn't exist..

Yes.. You are correct.. in the case where thievery exists.. But this wasn't one of them.. Are you aware of any retailers that remove the serial card of products they own and then sell the product without deregistering the software? Are you saying it's perfectly legitimate for somebody to buy a product.. register the software and then sell it to somebody who is giving it as a gift without deregistering the software?

I wasn't lazy, I didn't fuck up.. People who were honestly trying to help me out made a mistake in ignorance by buying a product they knew nothing about second hand..

Do you keep the serial cards and registration info right next to your products in the box they came with?

Anyway you slice it, you are apologizing for terrible customer support that automatically assumes I'm a thief. If it was the owner that finally released the serial... They didn't "make up for it".. They bloody released the serial to something they no longer owned.. The previous owner was either lazy or shiesty, and NI was absolutely lazy and dismissive.

To put a finer point on it.. I had every bloody piece of kit that was originally included in the Z2 box including the hardware serial card and the software serial card and even after being pleasant and doing my best to provide multiple forms of proof of ownership BEFORE they asked.. They treated me like I was a thief. Damned straight they gave me my fucking serial in the end.. I followed the only procedure that that NI's awful clusterfuck of a support system/forum/main site offered.. I bitched until they realized that as much fucking hassle I was giving them.. I wasn't the person at fault in the situation.. Squeaky wheel.. I'm not the kind of person that is going drop trou and spread cheeks because a 3rd party wanted to help me out..

So.. please.. continue to apologize for NIs well documented horrendous customer support and complete disinterest in giving their customers what they want or listening to customer concerns.
    Last edited by Ezmyrelda; 05-07-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Rightous indignation

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast