Traktor Scratch Pro 2 DOWNLOAD and timecodes plretty PLease - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Come on, man. You get ONE copy of Traktor free with most NI hardware. This doesn't mean that every person that sends in a picture of their Z2 "proving" they own it instantly gets a copy. If the seller keeps the copy, that's the buyer's fault. I sold my S4 a long time ago, but still needed to keep my Traktor license, so the price of the S4 was reduced accordingly as it was "hardware" only. If someone rips you off, it's not the original manufacturers responsibility to make it right. NI did more than they had to, and yet you are still passing blame and spouting negativity. I have no affiliation with NI, yet it's so easy to see that your frustration was a result of an ill-conceived purchase.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezmyrelda View Post
    Look, I totally understand that you are supposed to toe the NI line while you are NI moderator..
    Ok whatever helps you sleep at night.

The people who actually bought it had no idea this sort of hassle was in the future.
    So the people that bought it didn't read this either:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...ents-products/

Ezmyrelda

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Come on, man. You get ONE copy of Traktor free with most NI hardware. This doesn't mean that every person that sends in a picture of their Z2 "proving" they own it instantly gets a copy. If the seller keeps the copy, that's the buyer's fault. I sold my S4 a long time ago, but still needed to keep my Traktor license, so the price of the S4 was reduced accordingly as it was "hardware" only. If someone rips you off, it's not the original manufacturers responsibility to make it right. NI did more than they had to, and yet you are still passing blame and spouting negativity. I have no affiliation with NI, yet it's so easy to see that your frustration was a result of an ill-conceived purchase.
    Really? That wasn't the implication they made when they issued the proclamation.. The implication was "our software is an expensive complex piece of work.. and should be paid for.. However if you own a piece of NI hardware especially one is 50% useless without it.. You should probably get a copy of the software gratis."

This hardware wasn't reduced in price.. and it was sold less than a month before NI chopped the price.. and.. the serial card was included.. therefore the seller wanted to imply that the software came with it.

and this wasn't just a picture of my Z2. It was the entire kit and all documentation and after that was specifically requested and hunted down.. The fucking receipt.. NI Support continued to imply after receiving all that that I was either a thief or it was my fault for not being in on the surprise of getting an outrageous gift like that. I'm not pissed off about the rigamarole I had to go through to get my software nearly as much as I am pissed off about the continued insinuation that I ripped it off from somebody.. or was just plain stupid..

Both of you can apologize for NIs piss poor customer service all you want.. It doesn't change the matter that they could have handled it far differently.

I'm being negative because I take offense at being accused of being a thief? Ok.. dude.. whatever...
    Last edited by Ezmyrelda; 05-07-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Ezmyrelda

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ok whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Indeed I sleep very well at night after practicing using my hardware and software..

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    So the people that bought it didn't read this either:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...ents-products/
    Do you have problems with reading comprehension? What part of it was bought by people who have no experience or understanding of the product do you not understand? The serial card was included.. Essentially you are condoning fleecing people who are trying to be nice.. Would you feel the same if it was your gran making an uneducated second hand purchase?

Whatever helps you sleep dude.. Whatever. Whatever indeed.

Indeed I sleep very well at night after practicing using my hardware and software..

Do you have problems with reading comprehension? What part of it was bought by people who have no experience or understanding of the product do you not understand? The serial card was included.. Essentially you are condoning fleecing people who are trying to be nice.. Would you feel the same if it was your gran making an uneducated second hand purchase?

Whatever helps you sleep dude.. Whatever. Whatever indeed.
    For some reason, I feel compelled to try to get this through your head one more time, but I have a feeling you are just going to keep being stubborn. People are trying to educate you, but you keep perpetuating misinformation.

It doesn't matter if the people who bought it have no understanding of the product. THAT'S NOT NI'S FAULT. Also, it doesn't matter if the serial card is included IF the original purchaser registered it. As I already stated, you get ONE serial for Traktor per piece of hardware purchased, regardless of what you think NI has "implied" (they explicitly state their policies in the links Karlos provided).

The seller kept/activated Traktor, so you didn't get it with the purchase, regardless of some serial card. Activation is ownership, and whoever bought the gift for you clearly didn't understand the process or make sure that the serial number was transferred. Again, not NI's fault. If I buy ANYTHING used and it doesn't come with some of the original components, why in the world would it be the original manufacturer's responsibility to replace those components?

The worst part of this isn't that you refuse to accept any accountability here; it's that you unfairly bashed a company who ultimately DID RIGHT BY YOU when they had absolutely no obligation to do so. You are here complaining about their customer service, when in actuality you ultimately received exemplary customer service (whether you realize it or not). NI wisely protects the buyers who have registered their products, so they weren't going to just deactivate a registered user's serial because you emailed them. Lucky for you, they were willing to fix your mistakes (or whoever bought it for you).

For some reason, I feel compelled to try to get this through your head one more time, but I have a feeling you are just going to keep being stubborn. People are trying to educate you, but you keep perpetuating misinformation.

It doesn't matter if the people who bought it have no understanding of the product. THAT'S NOT NI'S FAULT. Also, it doesn't matter if the serial card is included IF the original purchaser registered it. As I already stated, you get ONE serial for Traktor per piece of hardware purchased, regardless of what you think NI has "implied" (they explicitly state their policies in the links Karlos provided).

The seller kept/activated Traktor, so you didn't get it with the purchase, regardless of some serial card. Activation is ownership, and whoever bought the gift for you clearly didn't understand the process or make sure that the serial number was transferred. Again, not NI's fault. If I buy ANYTHING used and it doesn't come with some of the original components, why in the world would it be the original manufacturer's responsibility to replace those components?

The worst part of this isn't that you refuse to accept any accountability here; it's that you unfairly bashed a company who ultimately DID RIGHT BY YOU when they had absolutely no obligation to do so. You are here complaining about their customer service, when in actuality you ultimately received exemplary customer service (whether you realize it or not). NI wisely protects the buyers who have registered their products, so they weren't going to just deactivate a registered user's serial because you emailed them. Lucky for you, they were willing to fix your mistakes (or whoever bought it for you).
    Great post
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Ezmyrelda

you ultimately received exemplary customer service
    No, actually. I didn't.. as you weren't party to the interaction you have no way of knowing what happened in it.

I have no problems with NI hardware or software. I think both are extremely well manufactured and thought out.. But I'm not going to kiss their butts in every single area of business when they have a badly implemented main site, a tacked on user forum, a clusterfuck of a serial management system and customer service agents who are simply pricks..

Let me put it this way.. Mistakes were made yes.. I'm willing to assume some of that although I'm not exactly sure what I should feel bad about.. The people purchasing it should have bought it straight from a retailer.. Because they sure as hell didn't get a break on the price.. The seller forgot to deregister the serial.. But for some reason left the card with the box.. because.. well who knows.. But if you think I'm going to act like NI was patient and understanding at any point you are out of your mind and have no idea what you are talking about. At every point it was possible to the customer service person was rude, dismissive and arrogant. If they had no reason or obligation to get. it. sorted. They simply wouldn't have. But they did, after much arm twisting..

I'm not saying that they are the worst company in the world. I love their products so obviously they aren't what I am saying is that they should step their game up when it comes to customer service (having natively english speaking agents might help a bit), web forum presence and main site integration, and serial management on the web end..

If you believe they are perfect.. You are welcome to your opinion.. I'm tired of arguing with people on this forum..

This is a terrible forum environment.. Just like every other fucking aspect of the business it's a fucking dick wagging pissing contest.. Christ on a crutch.. I swear.. This place is worse than Dogs on Acid was. peace out.

This is a terrible forum environment.. Just like every other fucking aspect of the business it's a fucking dick wagging pissing contest.. Christ on a crutch.. I swear.. This place is worse than Dogs on Acid was. peace out.
    balls! blaming the forum and people who gave you some real good explanations about your own mistakes or the mistakes your friends made while purchasing a used unit? that`s quite the wrong way, man! ni gave you a copy of traktor even though they weren't supposed to do.
    you or your friends should have asked the seller for the traktor serial and not ni. (and no i'm no mod in their forums).

2 things you could do:
    1. admit that you weren't in the position to demand anything
    2. be thankful for ni to provide you a serial

the only person here acting like a "fucking dick wagging pissing contest"-attendee is you.
    so either you stand by your word and peace out or you grow a pair, straighten your back and stop this destructive mockery in this place.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Student

I wish I could get a copy of Scratch Pro 2 serial from the early days as I own Full Scratch Pro 1 and the Audio 8 and Pro 2 but not the scratch serial

Oh well, I need to spend again I think.

No, actually. I didn't.. as you weren't party to the interaction you have no way of knowing what happened in it.

I have no problems with NI hardware or software. I think both are extremely well manufactured and thought out.. But I'm not going to kiss their butts in every single area of business when they have a badly implemented main site, a tacked on user forum, a clusterfuck of a serial management system and customer service agents who are simply pricks..

Let me put it this way.. Mistakes were made yes.. I'm willing to assume some of that although I'm not exactly sure what I should feel bad about.. The people purchasing it should have bought it straight from a retailer.. Because they sure as hell didn't get a break on the price.. The seller forgot to deregister the serial.. But for some reason left the card with the box.. because.. well who knows.. But if you think I'm going to act like NI was patient and understanding at any point you are out of your mind and have no idea what you are talking about. At every point it was possible to the customer service person was rude, dismissive and arrogant. If they had no reason or obligation to get. it. sorted. They simply wouldn't have. But they did, after much arm twisting..

I'm not saying that they are the worst company in the world. I love their products so obviously they aren't what I am saying is that they should step their game up when it comes to customer service (having natively english speaking agents might help a bit), web forum presence and main site integration, and serial management on the web end..

If you believe they are perfect.. You are welcome to your opinion.. I'm tired of arguing with people on this forum..

I know it's frustrating that your shiny new toy that mommy and daddy bought for you isn't working, but let's take a minute here and look at the situation more objectively.

It's pretty obvious that the people who screwed up here were:

1) The seller, who continued using the software and didn't unregister his serial number prior to the sale. The seller was either ignorant or misleading by doing this. Considering he included the serial card with purchase, possibly a bit of both.

2) The buyer (whoever gave you the Z2 as a gift - given your replies, I'm going to guess your parents). If you buy something secondhand, it's your responsibility to make sure that thing works when you buy it. That includes knowing what you need to know about the product you're buying to begin with to make sure you can test things to make sure they work. Assuming you stick with the DJing thing and you buy software from someone in the future, I'd suggest doing so in a Starbucks or somewhere else with free Wi-Fi so you can make sure the serial they're giving you actually works before handing over your money (I understand you didn't purchase the Z2, before you fly off the handle again).

3) You. There are many reasons here that Native Instruments, or basically any other company, would look skeptically at this situation - most of which have already been listed so I won't go into them more. In MOST cases, you'd be out of luck here since the people who purchased this for you didn't do their due diligence. That's not NI's fault, and despite that they furnished you with presumably a new TPro 2 key as a gesture of good customer service. They weren't obligated to do so in the least, and most companies would have put up at least as much resistance if not just told you to go piss off. NI oftentimes does have poor customer service, but your story (given the information that YOU have provided here, not speculation or others filling in the blanks) is not an example of said poor service. It's an example of confusion, stubbornness, and misplaced anger on your end.

You should be pissed off at the seller for not unregistering his key prior to sale and for continuing to use it thereafter. You should be pissed off at your gift-giver for not knowing what they were doing when they bought the Z2 for you (pretty rude to do so, but it would at least sort of make sense). You should NOT, however, be pissed off at NI for going above and beyond their obligations to provide you with a key. You should NOT take your anger out on strangers on the internet who have tried to help you with your issue, and then explained where you might be going wrong.

And, as an addendum, you should also probably seek some therapy for entitlement and anger issues. Or grow up. One of the two.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234