Loop sampler options in SSL
    Tech Mentor

Default Loop sampler options in SSL

I got SL3 and I use 2 channels for 2 decks and I have samples on 3rd channel on mixer. However Im interested to see if its possible to use it for looping any of the 2 decks I use to play on (by SP-6 or any other way )?

I want to be able to loop one segment from deck 1 (or deck 2) and to put in on channel 3 on my mixer (something like using loop sampler as 3rd deck).

Is it possible on SSL and how to set up ?

Ofc it has to be MIDI mappable, otherwise its useless.

The sp6 sucks for stuff like this, I would just use the third deck on internal mode - drag and drop your looping deck to the third while cutting the volume so you don't get flanging and distortion from doubling - you now have the deck free for the next selection

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    The sp6 sucks for stuff like this, I would just use the third deck on internal mode - drag and drop your looping deck to the third while cutting the volume so you don't get flanging and distortion from doubling - you now have the deck free for the next selection
    hm, ye that sounds like a possibility but only if it can be midi mappable, as drag-and-drop mid set can be really clunky (at least imo).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    hm, ye that sounds like a possibility but only if it can be midi mappable, as drag-and-drop mid set can be really clunky (at least imo).
    Hm , I just tried setting up Instant Doubles for AUX deck (there is an option for it in midi panel) but for some reason it's not working. Any advice how to set this up ?

There's probably a keyboard shortcut, idk I've been using an ddj sp with my sl box so I don't have to fuck with mapping

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    There's probably a keyboard shortcut, idk I've been using an ddj sp with my sl box so I don't have to fuck with mapping
    Nope, I found out its bugged and have never worked for AUX deck. So there goes that.

Sucks works fine with my sp and sl4 with serato dj