traktor sync

Thread: traktor sync

Tech Wizard

Default traktor sync

When I use the sync option in traktor sometimes there is a catacorner slash on the botton, other times its all the way filled in..why does it do this and what does it mean?

Hey mate, yea the sync can be a bit of a pain. basically if one deck is set to master and the sync indicator on that deck is lit up half, that means that its set to syncro start. So when you press play on the other deck, in theory the other deck will start on your cue and in sync. In reality this is a pain in the ass, especially in 1.1.2.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

so how would i fix this issue? sorry im kinda lost

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You dont need to fix it , just understand what it means.

1. The selected Deck is concurrently the Master (Syncing to itself is not possible).

2. The loop length is smaller than 1 beat (Phase syncing is not possible).

3.The track you want to sync to has a tempo outside the user defined Pitch Fader range
    (Preferences > Transport > Pitch).

As soon as you sync to another deck the half or "waiting" sync light will disappear or you can just ignore it.