are the novation dicers are a waste of money if im saving for the traktor z2 mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default are the novation dicers are a waste of money if im saving for the traktor z2 mixer

Im new to all the digitial vinyl stuff I havnt really got to fully understand everything yet
    but I was looking at the traktor z2 mixer and was thinking dosnt it do everything the novation dicers does ?

also im from the uk and the price is like £660 but in america its like 800$ so 470£ plus like 30£ delivery so I wAS just gonna buy it from america but why is it so easy to save 160£ like that has anyone purchased something like this . Im just sceptical about it because I just cant believe its that easy to save 160£ like that

No. Dicers are awesome. If you have turntables without Dicers you are missing out BIG TIME.

The buttons on the Z2 can be used for other stuff - like beat jumps, etc...

I love my dicers. Couldn't like without them!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    Im new to all the digitial vinyl stuff I havnt really got to fully understand everything yet
    but I was looking at the traktor z2 mixer and was thinking dosnt it do everything the novation dicers does ?

also im from the uk and the price is like £660 but in america its like 800$ so 470£ plus like 30£ delivery so I wAS just gonna buy it from america but why is it so easy to save 160£ like that has anyone purchased something like this . Im just sceptical about it because I just cant believe its that easy to save 160£ like that
    You would have to pay import duty, so would bring the cost up, hough im not sure how much that would be.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you have turntables without Dicers you are missing out BIG TIME.
    If you listen closely, you can hear thousands of vinyl purists screaming. :P

Comparing Dicers and the Z2 is like comparing apples and oranges really. It all depends on how many buttons you need and whether or not you already have a mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    You would have to pay import duty, so would bring the cost up, hough im not sure how much that would be.
    Import duty and also VAT (at least that's the situation for Germany, but I can't imagine the UK being different), so one probably wouldn't save all that much in the end. Not worth the hassle imo (especially considering how annoying trans-atlantic warranty issues could turn out if it breaks down).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Seriously - Dicers are the most fun you can have with turntables. The buttons are bloody lovely.

For cue points, I wouldn't do it any other way.

I spent an hour last night mixing, and honestly, I couldn't do without my Dicers. I could replace my DJM-800 with a different mixer, I could replace my Zomo MC-1000 with a different controller and I could swap out my F1 for another controller. But I'd NEVER change my Dicers.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Mentor

Seriously - Dicers are the most fun you can have with turntables. The buttons are bloody lovely.

For cue points, I wouldn't do it any other way.

I spent an hour last night mixing, and honestly, I couldn't do without my Dicers. I could replace my DJM-800 with a different mixer, I could replace my Zomo MC-1000 with a different controller and I could swap out my F1 for another controller. But I'd NEVER change my Dicers.
    yeah ok ill deffo get the dicers then they do look amazing

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    If you pay with Paypal or credit card, you won't get a perfect exchange rate. You'll also pay a 20% VAT charge (>£100) plus a handling fee (~£10-20) so the total cost is likely to be around the same price as a UK shop.

You'd get a much better warranty by buying local too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

No. Dicers are awesome. If you have turntables without Dicers you are missing out BIG TIME.

The buttons on the Z2 can be used for other stuff - like beat jumps, etc...

I love my dicers. Couldn't like without them!!!
    i was thinking about buying some dicers to go with my TT's, but i already own and use an X1 for cue points looping etc. Would the dicers be overkill or are they that good :P ?
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

I love 'em!!!

They put the controls exactly where they need to be - on the TT's! They bridge the gap between hardware/midi/software by putting the controls directly on the TT.

Do the buttons on the X1 "click" like they do on the F1? Because, on the Dicers, they don't. They're LOVELY and squishy.

Buy 'em. They're <£70 and you can always take 'em back if you don't like 'em. You'll still use the X1 for navigation/browsing (etc...) but trust me - cues/loops/momentary effects are something else on Dicers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast