N.I. Audio 8 - CABLES????
    Tech Wizard

Default N.I. Audio 8 - CABLES????

Just picked up an Audio 8dj - super excited whilst unpacking - went to plug it in and to my horror it has these rubbish little connectors that will only accept super thin rca plugs you get on the really cheap cables, or (surprise surprise) on N.I.'s multicore cable.

I've used Rane SL1s before and they have proper connectors so you can use whatever cables you like - how sensible.

Now that I've come to the realisation that this is, unfortunately, not a joke, my concern is going to set up in a club and they have aftermarket cables on the turntables or CDJs which won't fit the Audio 8. Lots of 1210s have Neutrik plugs, especially in a 3 deck DJ booth, so this is a real concern!!

My question is - do I really have to slum it out with ultra cheap cables, and re-wire the DJ booth in the event that the installed cables don't fit?

I'd be hugely grateful to hear from anyone who's having the same problem and has come up with a good solution (other than the NI multicore cable). I want to use 3 decks and don't need a hard wired direct through.

Also, does anyone know if the Neutrik Profi connectors will fit? Or any other suggestions for plugs that fit?

Thanks guys!

Tech Guru

As long as your cables aren't damaged, they won't have an effect on your sound quality. You can buy plenty of high quality cables that will fit though.

I have the Audio 4 and haven't noticed anything different about the RCA connectors. The Neutrik Profi would definitely fit on my A4.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB