OHM64 for Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OHM64 for Traktor Pro

I'm currently using a seperate 4 channel (Technics) mixer, VCI 100 SE, audio dj8 and a Nanokontrol for having 4 dec control over everything i need.

I recently discovered the Ohm64, which I see as the first controller that can combine all functions of this hardware in one controller. I'm interested in it for the following reasons:

1. As I tend to DJ at houseparties and such, it's quite a pickle to get all this stuff and cables with me all the time. One controller would make that hassle a lot more ideal.

1. I kinda feel ready for the next step, midi mapping everything completely by myself, to make a unique controller which fills all my needs.

1. I tend to try out other programs (like ableton, etc) and try out some producing and I feel this controller could be used for that too. (of course, it's primary designed for ableton, but in general, it looks like it's basically can be used for every program with midi input, it gives so much options)

Is there anybody on this forum that has experience with the OHM64 and can he/she agree with my arguments of getting one? What are your experiences with the controller concerning quality of the knobs and faders and the overall feel?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Reading all the reviews I've decided to order one of these. Will post a "review" once I've got acquainted with it
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Guru

It looks nice if you could find a used one in the 4-500 range. Only downside is no jogs but other than that they look super pro
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

I agree with the jogs. But i reckon there's plenty of buttons there to turn some of them in pitch bend buttons.

I recieved it a few days ago and just finished a basic mapping for 4 channels. This thing has enough buttons to push and the overall feel of this thing is class. It enables me to do everything i used a vci 100 plus 4 channel mixer for, without double mapping the deck buttons.

The faders and buttons have a very nice feel to it and although they are soft buttons, it feels really good to smash them in, making it really physical and hands on.

Only downside sofar is the backend connectors, which seem to be relatively loose in its case. I'm pretty sure someone forgot a screw or something. Have to open it to fix it.

I'm sure the Ohm has way more features than i'm using right now, but even without the editor that you can download, everything seems to be ready to map in Traktor.

A positive thing about it is that you can map 8 cue points for each deck plus all other controls without any doubles.

Will post a bigger review when I get more playtime with it.

In the mean time, if any body has any questions about the Ohm, feel free to ask!

jelous! i want one...
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

very nice indedd would get myself real sn too just update us with the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post

Will post a bigger review when I get more playtime with it.

In the mean time, if any body has any questions about the Ohm, feel free to ask!
    How is this working out so far? I like the idea of not having to double anything.

It really is a good controller for not having too many functions tied to one button for sure! I've got full 4 deck control without any compromising.

Also, the buttons surely don't give the same cue juggling control as arcade buttons, but work surprisingly wel and fast. I feared that the most to be honest, but everything turned out well. Plus, you can really bash them

I've posted my mapping for Tpro 1.2 here.

Tech Wizard

Just bought one of these for me as I want to start using my VCM600 for Ableton from now on..... I hope that this device cuts it with Traktor....
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast