The stack of shit in the spare room of my apartment...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The stack of shit in the spare room of my apartment...

Last edited by Jester; 05-05-2014 at 03:05 AM.

NICE! I want a Machinedrum so badly

I am also considering to buy a Machinedrum, but now with a the release of the Analog Rhythm I am very tempted to go with that. Thing is I don't need the sample capabilities and the difference in price of the Machinedrum (not the UW) is to be considered. What do you think, is the Machinedrum still a solid choice?

My machinedrum is mk1, non uw - I couldn't recommend it more especially as there are some solid deals out there from people trying to ditch their mk1 for an upgrade. I got mine for 650 on eBay like new.

Even without the extra bells and whistles it's solid not just as a drum machine but as a synth and it's midi capabilities are very nice. Mines slaved to my extra laptop, with the first 2 pattern banks mapped to my ensoniq in gate mode - so I find a few chords on the keyboard I like, take note of those keys and which patterns they trigger, then write a bunch of stuff with the same kit on those patterns, and then just fuck around on the key board with only those keys. Good way to find shit by accident you might not wrote otherwise.
    Oh and the ms20 is slaved to machinedrum so that adds another layer of manipulating sequencer tricks to find odd shit.
    Shit gets me geeked

Tech Mentor

Nice little collection how do you like the korg it's on my wish list.

I really just want the Machinedrum for the sound design capabilities and the great digital sounds. I'm more likely to be able to produce a full song on the Machinedrum than with just the Rhythm.

Tech Guru

Nice stack of shit you got there!

How do you like the Blofeld?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

- The korg is great, it can be daunting though, I've been messing with synths for 12 years but this is unlike any other synth I've owned. Still wrapping my head around what patch out does what.

- yeah the machinedrum is great for sound design and totally is capable of making a complete track using it alone

- the blofeld is hands down the best value for your dollar. It sounds great, and it's 16 part multi timbral, when I first got it it was on the midi out of my machinedrum controlling it's 16 parts making it real good for percussion. My favorite sounds I've programmed on it have been pads so I stopped using it for perc. With all it's parts but only 2 outs I've taken to using the extra parts for layering patches. Big ass sound

Btw the big keyboard is an ensoniq esq - very good cheap vintage digital with an analog filter.
    Very worth the money, programming on it is actually fun and easy despite it only having one data entry slider.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    Still wrapping my head around what patch out does what.
    Haha, same here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast