MF Twister Midi Clock Sync Issue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MF Twister Midi Clock Sync Issue

Was playing some 100-124 bpm chilled out music while opening up a gig yesterday and decided to overlay some drums with the twister.

First I will start with a complement. With Ean's mapping, this thing is extremely intuitive as far as controls, layout and switching between menus. Had a lot of fun with it when I could get it synced with the midi clock.

And that's my issue. I had a heck of a time getting the clock synced. After transitioning into a new track I felt like I lost the sync. It was still close but it wasn't perfect. I was able to press the sync button on the clock and get it back in time without too much issue. This however lost the one in the sequencer and trying to reset it with the top left side button sometimes put me back out of sync.

I was running the Twister through a usb port into the back of my Z2 so idk if that could cause an issue but the extra time getting things lined up after transitioning was rather annoying.

Could this be a firmware issue? I know this is a new product so bugs are expected. Hopefully this feedback will help future development.

Thanks
    Chase

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Does this happen with all tracks that you play or just specific ones?

It was the majority of them. I prep all my tracks and adjust beat grids so they should line up nicely.

It sounded noticeably better after pressing sync on the clock each time I changed tracks.

Default Twister clock...

Same for me, I have some issues with the clock.

For the last 2 days I have made some test, trying to find what is going on with the tempo.
    I have a lot of thing going on when I play but the arrival of the twister seem to be just a little bit to much for my Traktor.
    I have a S4, Kontrol f1 and Akai apc40 to shape the sound. With the new setting I had to change my lantency and it is still clipping.
    So I tough I was asking to much and it had some impact on the internal clock.
    I re install my tsi file, big button for my S4 and small for the others, Putting in and out on the spot for each of the file.
    Trying to focus on finding what's the problem, here are my observations.

I've put sync to the master on my F1 ( deck C) and the Twister ( deck D ). push on the play pause in the internal click window. I start with the F1 than I put the Twister, sync is close to perfect, as soon as I put a track perfectly grid, the F1 stay's sync but the Twister start to lag so I have to bend it some to put it back or push on sync again, sometime it change the down beat. So I have to stop it, re sync and replay it until the next track.

I've try a lot of track ( Master ) with the F1 ( Sync ), the sync is easy and pretty precis. I've try with the Internal clock, with track ( sync ) and F1 ( sync ) same result. Don't have to put a lot of attention there.

I did the same with Track ( master ) and Twister ( sync ) and it doesn't sync our it goes out of sync in couples of bars. I have to do-it manually or re sync it or try to reset it.
    I did the same with the internal cock and it is the same.
    Btw, I did the same test without the APC 40 tsi file and it make no difference.

Sometime the twister is in sync with 3 or 4 channel playing, everything is cool, but as soon a I change in the first channel, the first kick's in Twister pack to the third sample, the Twister go off again.

Just to let you know, I usually play with and without the sync button, when I play, even when I'm using 4 decks.
    I always bring my track without sync, to practice my ear.

For now, I have to say it is impossible for me to play with the twister in the team, unless I put all my time and energy on the sync, reset, stop and play button. Something is not right.
    I do understand , this is gear and program, so it is a working progress and I'm on this train because the Twister is a fantastic idea! Just need more love.

All my set-up is organized and map in a way that I don't have to use the mouse or rarely, so I'm kind of not very happy that I have to use the mouse a lot and the fact that the Internal metronome window is not mapping friendly!!!
    It is like opening you sunroof in your car with your hand.

JP
    Montreal
    https://www.facebook.com/Nearfield.M...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Traktor, S4, F1, APC40 and twister

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Hey Guys

To make sure both tracks are correctly in sync you need to either press the lower left side button on Twister while in sequencer mode or click SYNC in Traktor's UI inside the MIDI Clock tab.

I've tried this with both older and latest firmwares and it's tight.

Last edited by padi_04; 05-08-2014 at 09:10 AM.

I've tried both methods. For me, this syncs the current track fine but after transitioning I loose the tightness of the sync. Seems to drift a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Hey Guys

To make sure both tracks are correctly in sync you need to either press the lower left side button on Twister or click SYNC in Traktor's UI inside the MIDI Clock tab.

I've tried this with both older and latest firmwares and it's tight.

Are your beatgrids tight? I've have mine going for the last 15min without a hitch. Using 2.6.8

I prep every track religiously. Max zoom while placing markers. After getting into a new track and hearing the sounds slightly off, pressing sync fixed the problem and tightened everything back up. Just seems strange.

If you still have issues open a support ticket at support@djtechtools.com and we'll find a way around it, be it firmware update or not.

1h running and still solid here.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Hello Padi.
    Thank you for the infos, Like Chasser, my prep, is right on the spot. I zoom in every track and I confirm with my metronome track and the internal clock to. It work very tight with my effects, my loops and the F1.
    I will build another sequencer sets from one shots and make some test in the weekend. I will start again from scratch.

For the sync, like I said , I did follow the videos advice and I've tried the pause/play button in the internal clock and the sync on the twister. I've tried with the master from Traktor clock and The master from a deck.
    It does keep the same bpm at the start but as son as I make a change; bring a new track, change the remix set. The Twister go off tempo.
    Another strange thing, if I sync the Twister and the remix set to the master tempo clock, it goes well until I bring a track in. The remix set, keep's the tempo and suddenly the Twister start to lag.
    Short story, every time I make a change, the Twister doesn't react well.

So, I've got more test to do to understand what's happening.

Jpdretro
    Montreal
    https://www.facebook.com/Nearfield.M...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Traktor, S4, F1, APC40 and twister

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast