fixixing to order my mixer
    Tech Wizard

Default fixixing to order my mixer

I'm planning on ordering my vestaX VCI-100 IN a few weeks, but since this is my 1st mixer just had a question since I have no idea what I'm doing.How do you learn to beat match with this thing..i mean do you just adjust the pitch slider or does the jog wheel have that function as well? sorry for the dumb question, I have never touched this vestax so i really do not know what to expect or even what type of creativity this will allow me

When u get it Just keep playing with it practice makes perfect. once you know how all the buttons and effects work you will be cranking out mixes like there is no tommorow. and for beatmatching make sure u get yourself a nice pair of headphones, I recommend the xone xd-53 (sickest headphones ever in my opinion) and you can find them around $130-$200.

Tech Mentor

You don't need expensive headphones to learn to beatmatch. Sorry.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    You don't need expensive headphones to learn to beatmatch. Sorry.
    This ^

as long as they're either in ear or closed back (so as to isolate the sound) you'll be right.

I've got mates who've been DJing out for years with £20 Sony jobs and swear by them, you don't need to spend a hatful of cash on gear
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers