Looking for more tunes like this or at least the genre's name!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for more tunes like this or at least the genre's name!

Hey all!!!

I don't often do this as I've gotten pretty good at getting lost in rabbit holes crate digging for hours, but I CANNOT seem to find more music like this song:

I've looked up bass house/deep house/shallow house and I cannot find stuff with this kind of mechanical feel to it!

Does anyone know of any other artists or good labels? Even the specific genre name?!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've already gone through Black Butter, Party Like Us, Fat! Records, Cheap Thrills and RoskaKicks&Snares' libraries as well as AC Slater's, Taiki & Nulight's, Distro's, and most of Low Steppa's and ETC!ETC!'s.
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 05-06-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Wizard

Garage? Jackin House?? iuno hahaha, sounds dope as fk tho!

Tech Guru

Latest Slapfunk release is similar.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

Well, My Nu Leng's style is not really popular between other producers, so I'll give you some similar suggestions. Check out Chris Lorenzo (he's a part of Cause and Affect and Hannah Wants' ghost producer), Troy Gunner (he's mates with My Nu Leng; he used to make ambient stuff, but he's into bassy stuff now), Caski (also friends with Gunner, I think), Majora (yet another Bristol-based producer), Swamp 81 (Loefah's label; I think it started out as a dubstep label and you can definitely hear the influences now) and Dirtybird (they're quite popular for their bassy and weird sound).

But yeah, Taiki & NULight is probably the only artist whose music sounds genuinely like My Nu Leng's, the others are kind of similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hey all!!!

I don't often do this as I've gotten pretty good at getting lost in rabbit holes crate digging for hours, but I CANNOT seem to find more music like this song:

I've looked up bass house/deep house/shallow house and I cannot find stuff with this kind of mechanical feel to it!

Does anyone know of any other artists or good labels? Even the specific genre name?!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've already gone through Black Butter, Party Like Us, Fat! Records, Cheap Thrills and RoskaKicks&Snares' libraries as well as AC Slater's, Taiki & Nulight's, Distro's, and most of Low Steppa's and ETC!ETC!'s.
    The broad main term is deep house.

But the specific style you posted is "house and bass".

You are already on the top guys in the genre pretty much, but its becoming overplayed here already lol.

You're missing people like Hannah Wants, The whole dirtybird crew, Kyle watson to name a few.

I'd check out the following record labels....

NuPanda
    Bulletrain
    Simma Black (Though a lot of Low steppas stuff is there)
    Bear Fresh
    Turbo Recordings

Hope that helps!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    I hate picking on genre names, but please don't call it deep house.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    You are already on the top guys in the genre pretty much, but its becoming overplayed here already lol.
    ^ Hes pretty much right youve named all of the "big" names in your list.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Check out Chris Lorenzo (he's a part of Cause and Affect and Hannah Wants' ghost producer....
    Chris loreno Isn't just a ghost producer for Hannah wants, In a recent interview he said he has about 200 releases a year, Every other "Jackin" House trac you hear was most probably made by him. Read the full interview here http://thump.vice.com/words/chris-lo...ssline-anthems

But to answer your question go on bigtunesmp3 i think its called, Its basically only exclusivley the bass house music on there, and apart from the dodgy website name tracks do have to be purchased. Another place to find ideas would be the youtube Channels Bassness Music, 192 music group ? Certified Jackin etc..
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Guru

To be fair, all those tunes sound the same anyway. He's probably had someone make a vst which lets him produce a song like those by just twisting a couple of knobs. :P

WOW! Huge response thanks guys! I'll work through all that and get back with any more questions.

Can't believe I fucking forgot Dirtybird..
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast