Twister Crashes Traktor...

Default Twister Crashes Traktor...

Not sure if others are experiencing extreme instability with their Twister, but I basically can't even use mine. Since I got it the Twister has been causing problems to Traktor but it seems to just get worse and worse everyday.

Never fails after I touch it like 7 or 8 times it just crashes and flashes on and off and it basically crashes Traktor. I am using the latest version of Ean's Sequencer Mapping, Traktor 2.6.8, Mac OSX 10.9.2, 8gb ram... Bluetooth and wireless turned off.. all that jazz. I don't know if it just isn't really ready to be used yet, maybe its the mapping is bad?
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 05-05-2014 at 08:08 PM.

So I think I have fixed the problem by wiping and reinstalling Traktor... I will report back if the issue continues. Hopefully if anyone else is having issues a reinstall of Traktr may cure them as well. I have been running Traktor on this computer for 4 years now. Maybe just needed to be refreshed?
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 05-05-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Wiping and reinstalling Traktor seems to fix a lot of 'head scratchers'. I wish I knew which files specifically needed to be deleted\fixed so I didn't have to wipe traktor out so often.

For example. The cue volume and Pan stopped working on my controller all of a sudden. No amount of tinkering or reloading TSI files would help, but reinstalling traktor fixed the issue. This later happened again w/ a different controller and I had to reinstall. I'd have to imagine some settings file was corrupted that I could have deleted or replaced to fix the issue faster.

What is the best way to wipe Traktor? I had to delete everything including all preferences, as well as Service Center.

Good to know though for others that a fresh Traktor install may fix issues.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Delete a "TraktorSettings.tsi" file which can be found in User/Documents/Native Intruments
    Or just start a setup wizard again - this will overwrite the traktor settings file... See if that helps.