CDJ 850 and DJM 700 value

Default CDJ 850 and DJM 700 value

I own 2 CDJ850s and a DJM700. I want to sell them and I was wondering how much you think this used gear is actually worth (CDJs and DJM separately). The condition is great, everything works perfectly, they look great, but maybe has 1 or 2 little scratches but nothing major. It looks like they never left the house.

So what price tag would you put on them?

Tech Wizard

It's hard to give you second hand values without knowing what your second hand market looks like (craigslist, ect.) On the NYC Craigslist I've seen CDJs for as low as $400 a player but thats at the low end of the spectrum. A lot of members here have picked up their CDJs for $500 a player and have considered that a bargain/steal. I would probably shoot for that 500-600 dollar range. Sell as a pair because single players are harder to sell for full price. Rekordbox CDJs tend to hold there value (Although there is speculation of a CDJ 850 Nexus on the horizon....). The DJM is going to be a tough sell because it doesn't hold its value well considering it doesnt have a USB connection. Take a look at the forum and see what other members have sold these items for in the past. Good luck!

Schalenberg

What cyber said. $1000 for the CDJS, $500-$600 for the DJM.

Ok, thanks guys. I initially tried to sell DJM for $700 (if they bargain $600 I'd accept) and CDJs for $1400 ($1200 with bargain). Someone messaged me saying he wants to buy the DJM700 for $700 but wants to send "money order instant cash" ...no idea how that works, and sounds like a scam.

Tech Wizard

Cash only, no shipping. Never trust anything else. There are tons of scams out there, just be smart.

He actually said he'll send me money order instant cash and when I cash it in at the bank, he's going to get someone to pick it up... lol

Tech Guru

Money order is a legitimate method of payment. You have nothing to lose if he's sending it to you first, and you don't send until you have cash in hand.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Money order is a legitimate method of payment. You have nothing to lose if he's sending it to you first, and you don't send until you have cash in hand.
    Ya, I just informed myself on that. Perfect! Thanks!