Want a desktop in my studio, need a way to make music on the go too!

Default Want a desktop in my studio, need a way to make music on the go too!

Hey guys,

this summer I'll be revamping my 'studio' and ditching my laptop for a desktop setup which I'm pretty excited about, having a whole computer dedicated to just making tunes!

However I'm also going to be looking for a way to make some music, or even simply some loops while I'm on the go, and was thinking about getting an ipad - All I really need here is the ability to make some loops or basslines - just a place to store my thoughts while I'm on the go, so I can remember then for when I'm back at Ableton in the studio!

Any suggestions?
    "We think too much and feel too little"
    K B R I D G E

All the tracks I've written in the last 7-8 months have been strictly iPad. There's a ton of great options out there, from simple apps like Figure to full on DAWs like Auria complete with Fabfilter plug ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    All the tracks I've written in the last 7-8 months have been strictly iPad. There's a ton of great options out there, from simple apps like Figure to full on DAWs like Auria complete with Fabfilter plug ins.
    As a massive fan of Ableton, my main concern is not making a complete song on the ipad, but just to use it as a sort of sketch pad for getting ideas down on the go, and possibly the option to export tracks as audio to put into Ableton, any idea of some good apps?
    K B R I D G E

Korg Gadget, hands down.

FL studio has an app available for iPad
    its called FL Studio Mobile HD
    i use it
    you can create drumkits on the ipad and import them to your FL studio on your desktop
    but if you use something else as a main DAW, you can export the audio you create in FL Studio Mobile HD as midi notes along with the sample sound,
    then import the midi notes + sample to say ableton
    then continue to arrange it
    i think the app cost me $20 or $30?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    Korg Gadget, hands down.
    This looks amazing! And it's possible to export individual tracks to audio etc to place elsewhere (a DAW)?
    K B R I D G E

Quote Originally Posted by kbridge View Post
    This looks amazing! And it's possible to export individual tracks to audio etc to place elsewhere (a DAW)?
    Korg Gadget, is a GREAT app however make sure you read the reviews on the app first to see if its actually going to allow you to do fully what you want to.
    I remember there being an issue with eporting audio from Korg Gadget, in a format your ableton would understand?

Check them out mate, and take ur time reading

You can export a stereo wav mixdown, and solo tracks one by one to export if you need stems. I believe Korg already said that stem export was one of the things coming in the next update too.