Retina Screen with Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Retina Screen with Traktor

Hey guys,

I'm looking to update my mid-2010 macbook (the battery is shot so I'm going to spend the money on new). I was just wondering since the price difference between the air and retina is so small now, how much extra usable screen real estate would I have with the increased number of pixels on the Retina screen (to offset the increase in portability/battery life).

Would it be possible for someone to take a screenshot of Tractor (full screen and at different resolutions if possible) on the retina 13 if they have one.

Im conscious that instead of custom upgrading components at purchase, it's often better just to move up a model with Apple.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I cant seem to find it on the search.

Thanks!
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's

Tech Wizard

Not that this helps if you're set on buying a new laptop, but I think it's only around $100 to replace the battery via the Apple Store. Way cheaper too if you do it yourself.

ZIP of screenshots in 3 resolution sizes (image hosting kept resizing/compressing which kinda defeats the point):

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/64418739/file.html

Depends on your style and setup but I really appreciate the extra screen space the retina screen provides at the highest resolution, 7-10 more potential tracks on the screen at a time.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Princey View Post
    ZIP of screenshots in 3 resolution sizes (image hosting kept resizing/compressing which kinda defeats the point):

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/64418739/file.html

Depends on your style and setup but I really appreciate the extra screen space the retina screen provides at the highest resolution, 7-10 more potential tracks on the screen at a time.
    Cheers Princey!!!

You are an absolute gent!
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's