How are people liking the Twister?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How are people liking the Twister?

Was wondering what Twister owners think about the product after some use? Is it it easy/comprehensive? Does it do what you want it too? What do you use it for?

Thanks

Tech Convert

I love it!

I've had it for almost two weeks and it's my favorite controller. The knobs were a bit sluggish at first but gets better with use. I mostly use it with my DAW. I have set up Zone/Modes in Logic Pro X to control all my Plug-Ins. The applications in Traktor is unparalleled at this price and the portability is obvious. I consider getting another one to use with my two 3Ds for total control.

It's not perfect yet but there are upgrades coming. I wish for 14-bit midi. Would like to be able to turn off midi on the switch when using it for internal use, like changing precision or resetting the encoder. Would love to see more applications for the internal sequencer, like a stand alone mode etc. Not being able to change LED midi in is my biggest gripe and makes changing the midi out pointless. The utility is a bit buggy as for now and changes doesn't always stick especially in multimode. I'm sure this gets fixed real soon.

I really recommend getting one.

Love it! Had some minor issues at first, but right now it has totally changed my workflow in Traktor nd I love it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindbeet View Post
    I love it!
    I've had it for almost two weeks and it's my favorite controller. The knobs were a bit sluggish at first but gets better with use.
    You can change the encoder response in the MF Utility between High Resolution (default) and Responsive. I found it kinda sluggish as well since It makes them feel more like regular knobs.

We are working on having the MIDI out follow the new assignment, hopefully it will be part of the next firmware.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Tech Mentor

I think what concerned me most was kinda keeping track of what everything does and where. I mean, when I'm DJing I don't want to stare at a controller and try and remember how I get it to do what I want it to do, what submenu, etc. I guess that's the downside to having options and flexibility. I unfortunately bought a second F1 just before the Twister was announced. I like the idea of a sequencer and perhaps an FX controller. Would really like to use it for DnB breaks on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You can change the encoder response in the MF Utility between High Resolution (default) and Responsive. I found it kinda sluggish as well since It makes them feel more like regular knobs.

We are working on having the MIDI out follow the new assignment, hopefully it will be part of the next firmware.
    So what happens if I change the sensitivity to Responsive?

Default Midi Fighter Twister DEMO

I have been having a great time with this little thing and Ableton. I LOVE the clickable knobs.

Tech Convert

Liking it very much But sometimes the leds stay lit of a previous bank? When switching? Or am I the only one having this issue?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    So what happens if I change the sensitivity to Responsive?
    You only need to turn the encoder 270º instead of 360º to cover the full range.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You only need to turn the encoder 270º instead of 360º to cover the full range.
    What be the benefits of that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast