My Timecode Vinyl w/ Traktor Scratch Pro 2 isn't working properly..

Default My Timecode Vinyl w/ Traktor Scratch Pro 2 isn't working properly..

I mainly use 4 decks on TSPII and sync up with Kontrol X1's, but sometimes I like to just switch over to using two TT's so I can better adapt to my mates who just use vinyl.

We're go b2b and it's hard to mix my cue'd up synced track digitally, to his record. So at times i would like to just be able to use 2 decks as timecode vinyl.

Now, im having problems doing this.. I've followed this NI support page on how to set it up, and followed it fully: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...or-audio-10-6/

Yet it is still bugging out, I keep getting red flashing error messages saying ' left channel missing, check cables" and "ground hum, check grounding" etc.

Everything is checked and in properly... I can play both records with the MK2 timecode vinyls, and they sound fine, and mix fine, but when im cuing the record up, it jumps quite a bit, like its really sensitive, when i give the platter on my TT a push, sometimes it makes the track skip and just fast forward a tad.

I notice that the 2 decks always switch to the relative mode, which look like a CD, as opposed to absolute mode, which is definitely a turn table. When a track is playing, and i click on one of these modes, it makes the track skip to a different part..

Also, my timecode calibration looks dodgy, t shows in the above link, that it should be a gold circle, mine is yellow with a blue line right through it... and it's always going wonky...

I just really want to be able to have the timecode vinyl way always working for whenever I want to use it..

My TSPII is legit bought, with Audio 10, etc. All in fine condition, ground wires are in, cables work for everything else... I don't know why it's playing up.

Help would be wonderful. Thanks
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Mentor

not sure exactly what the issue could be but if it says a channel might be missing i would guess it could be:

- bad RCA cables (poorly shielded)
    - busted ground wire
    - tonearm/cartridge connection may be dirty

as far as relative/absolute mode, unless you are not trying to use cues/loops you are going to want to be in relative mode.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I mainly use 4 decks on TSPII and sync up with Kontrol X1's, but sometimes I like to just switch over to using two TT's so I can better adapt to my mates who just use vinyl.

We're go b2b and it's hard to mix my cue'd up synced track digitally, to his record. So at times i would like to just be able to use 2 decks as timecode vinyl.

Now, im having problems doing this.. I've followed this NI support page on how to set it up, and followed it fully: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...or-audio-10-6/

Yet it is still bugging out, I keep getting red flashing error messages saying ' left channel missing, check cables" and "ground hum, check grounding" etc.

Everything is checked and in properly... I can play both records with the MK2 timecode vinyls, and they sound fine, and mix fine, but when im cuing the record up, it jumps quite a bit, like its really sensitive, when i give the platter on my TT a push, sometimes it makes the track skip and just fast forward a tad.

I notice that the 2 decks always switch to the relative mode, which look like a CD, as opposed to absolute mode, which is definitely a turn table. When a track is playing, and i click on one of these modes, it makes the track skip to a different part..

Also, my timecode calibration looks dodgy, t shows in the above link, that it should be a gold circle, mine is yellow with a blue line right through it... and it's always going wonky...

I just really want to be able to have the timecode vinyl way always working for whenever I want to use it..

My TSPII is legit bought, with Audio 10, etc. All in fine condition, ground wires are in, cables work for everything else... I don't know why it's playing up.

Help would be wonderful. Thanks

i am having the EXACT same problem ..
    after the 2.5 update.

my techs worked fine on my mk1 tractor s4
    now on the mk2 tractor s4 with the 2.5 or above update --- it's screwed up big time.
    i have no idea what is wrong.
    sound cuts out all the time.

i use it for scratching now..
    can't use it for anything.
    thanks native instruments

Tech Mentor

I had similar problems when my tonearm was a little off (anti skate and weight) with early versions of TSP2 and MK2 TCs.
    Thought there was a fix for it tho somewhere along the line, after people like me who'd had it running fine with MK1 TCs started having problems with the MK2s reported the problem. I wouldn't know about that tho as I can't install it cos I'm still running XP lol