Serato DJ view settings, help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serato DJ view settings, help.

Hello DJTTers,

Serato DJ has a really nice interface. I know that there are 4 ways you can set your view settings; horizontal, vertical, extended, and library.

I have become very familiar and comfortable with the horizontal settings. BUT, after using CDJs, I realized how dependent I am of the large waveform to match and in knowing that, I tried to use the library view which has does not allow you to "waveform-match". This leads me to my question: I tried long and hard to find a setting similar to library that allows me to view which BPM I am set on but Serato doesn't seem to have one. The library setting does show the song's BPM but not when its changed.

Anyone have an answer to this or is dealing with the same situation as I am?

Greatly appreciate the response.

Cdjs show the original bpm aswell. The library view is pretty much the same exact thing.

Tech Mentor

It isn't.

Really looking for an answer to this question as well as I find myself struggling with the same problem

If you want to use library view you're just going to learn how to do it by ear or use sync.

i dont use sync. i will be beat-matching by ear. my question is, why doesn't serato have a setting where if you adjust the tempo the bpm on screen will show in library view?

on cdjs, the bpm and tempo % does in fact change when you adjust the tempo bar.

I think part of the reason is a lot of the people who like that view, enjoy not having any thing that is a reference or aid beyond track selection. the sort of users that might sneer at a CDJ.
    That's the impression that I got.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I think part of the reason is a lot of the people who like that view, enjoy not having any thing that is a reference or aid beyond track selection. the sort of users that might sneer at a CDJ.
    That's the impression that I got.
    exactly why i like to use it but i wish they showed current bpm rather than track bpm.

Uhh... dunno which version you're running but im running the latest one and when i change the bpm in library view, it shows what it changes to. i used to have this issue as well but when i updated serato dj, it fixed the problem. This kinda sucks a bit now too though because it does kind of help you rely on that a bit too much instead of using your ears. Anyways, brings me to this question, on a CDJ 2000 nxs, does the track bpm display change when you change the bpm of the track?

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    i dont use sync. i will be beat-matching by ear. my question is, why doesn't serato have a setting where if you adjust the tempo the bpm on screen will show in library view?

on cdjs, the bpm and tempo % does in fact change when you adjust the tempo bar.
    The problem im having here is that on cdjs they show u the original bpm of the song and the percent. just like library no?

I havent used either of the brand new cdjs, but all the old ones like the 800 and 850 are like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    Anyways, brings me to this question, on a CDJ 2000 nxs, does the track bpm display change when you change the bpm of the track?
    Something im wondering aswell. The old ones did NOT have this feature.

Tech Guru

CDJ 2000s will show current BPM (not track BPM) on their indicators when used as HID controllers for Serato/Traktor/etc.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast