Edirol UA-25EX as a sound card for DJing
    Tech Student

Default Edirol UA-25EX as a sound card for DJing

hello everyone,

was wondering if anyone knows if/how i can use my edirol UA-25ex as a sound card for DJing? I typically use it for recording instruments and vocals/voices for films etc. but have recently been dabbling into the world of djing and was wondering if this could be used? I'm not sure if it has enough outputs and my demo version of traktor only seems to see two (a left and right) I believe.

HTML Code:
    http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/IMAGES/edirol_UA-25_EX_main.jpg
    this is the unit for anyone not familiar with it.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Look to be a 2x2, you need at least 4 channels to have output pair and monitor pair.

See here - specifically the spec tab:
    Record
    1 pair of stereo
    Playback
    1 pair of stereo

I wonder if you have an internal card that you could use for monitoring with? As you can see in some other threads, I am leaning towards FireWire for audio, leaving USB for just midi control.
    Last edited by SherpaPsy; 10-18-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added a suggestion
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Student

i'm not sure this is possible in traktor as you have to set the device in audio set up before routing the channels. So no splitting output between the edirol and the internal. Unless anyone knows a work around? My laptop is a macbook pro.

Default Edirol UA-25EX as a sound card for DJing - Solution

Hi,

It may be about 5 months later, but I have a solution for you - just set it up myself - also with the UA-25EX and it works like a charm.

Download a great little program called ASIO4ALL. After you've installed it, start Traktor (or any other program for that matter that uses sound) and a little icon will appear in the system tray where you can configure ASIO4ALL and select all your sound hardware at the same time.

Then in Traktor, select ASIO4AL as your sound output and... viola!!!

Traktor may crash a couple of times, while setting up, but once it's done - seems fine.

Hope it doesn't crash when I use this setup for my gig this coming weekend.

Good luck,

Ryan

got two soundcards working the exact way you decribed it - never hab problems with this setup

(there is an m-audio audiophile to come soon... ;-) )