DJ sabotage - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ sabotage

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    if i'm opening, as soon as i get into the club, i go straight to the next act if he is there, and ask what is the BPM he wants me to end with so he can mix in. Its only common courtesy.
    Respect!

In this situation i usually ring my friend Chuck

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

The only sabotage I've gotten is having the dj who plays the week before play every tone deaf request given to him. I know this feeds into the other 100 threads about terrible requests, but it is almost as bad as technical sabotage when you find yourself taken away from your set to explain why The Backstreet Boys were NEVER good and that you can't stop everything so you can download it.

if i'm opening, as soon as i get into the club, i go straight to the next act if he is there, and ask what is the BPM he wants me to end with so he can mix in. Its only common courtesy.
    what about wheeling the other guy 's last tune, maybe get an applause going if he was really good and then just start your set ?
    surely if this happens once every 60 minutes or less no one will be bothered, right ?

zero hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    it sounds more like you sabotaged yourself...using equipment/software in a club environment you have never used before. you weren't prepared at all.
    yeah, have to agree on this....I also never used serato but I still know that - if using timecode, you only get play/cue and platter function on a CDJ
    but yes, still being in the dj booth and on the mixer when the second dj has already started is NOT acceptable!
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I would play with you any day sir! I do this also, but no one has ever asked me in return. A pet peeve of mine is despite setting someone up with a good song to transition with that is nice and long with no funky parts so they can get settled into the booth, instead of taking that opportunity, they immediately ruin it by trying to mix in with an off key song that's out of phrase and/or just a total train-wreck. It's like, dude, you are ruining a perfectly good track right now and making me look like an asshole.

Second biggest pet peeve is people who bring laptops/controllers who don't know how to interface in and/or do a proper transition without creating a sonic mess. If you can't get a solid beat matched using a controller to a CDJ, then just don't even try. Let the song end, have an ambient/beat-less track that serves as your intro and then go from there, but just getting into it and creating a mess is super annoying (and unprofessional) in my opinion.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/CalBearister/
    Technics 1200-MK2; DJM-850; Maschine

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post
    Second biggest pet peeve is people who bring laptops/controllers who don't know how to interface in and/or do a proper transition without creating a sonic mess. If you can't get a solid beat matched using a controller to a CDJ, then just don't even try.
    Lol I see this all the time.. Fucking guys and their S4s....

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    what about wheeling the other guy 's last tune, maybe get an applause going if he was really good and then just start your set ?
    surely if this happens once every 60 minutes or less no one will be bothered, right ?

zero hassle
    This is usually what I do at Festivals here.

I let his track finish....give him a hand and get the crowd to join in...and I start my intro up!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post
    Second biggest pet peeve is people who bring laptops/controllers who don't know how to interface in and/or do a proper transition without creating a sonic mess. If you can't get a solid beat matched using a controller to a CDJ, then just don't even try. Let the song end, have an ambient/beat-less track that serves as your intro and then go from there, but just getting into it and creating a mess is super annoying (and unprofessional) in my opinion.
    It's even worse when touring DJs do this, you know there's an expectation at that point. The last Steve Lawler party I was at, there was a local opening, then Lawler's opener followed by Lawler himself. The guy Lawler had on before him just RUINED the previous dude's last track, had to just shut off the sound completely. From a nobody DJ at a small club, it's expected sometimes whatever... But for $50 a ticket a large venue, what the hell was that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12