X1 to S4 Push-rotary modification
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default X1 to S4 Push-rotary modification

I really love the way the two push-rotaries on the S4 (above the cue points) are mapped. I loop a lot in my sets and just love the way how these two allow me to quickly set, move, and adjust the size of loops. Especially the moving is great for small adjustments.

Now as far as I know, the X1 allows for moving too, but only by 1 bar at a time. What I particularly like about the S4's mapping is that I can move a loop with it's full size at one time.

Now I'm moving to two X1's to replace my S4, I want to do the same with the two push-rotaries on the X1. I don't care much about the browser push-rotary on the X1 so I thought I'd sacrifice that one for my loop controls.

But how? How do I create a mapping for the two push-rotaries on the X1 so that they are exactly the same as the one on the S4?

Thanks so much!
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

Tech Mentor

If you can show what the encoders do on the s4 I can show you how to map them to your X1's.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The easy way of locating necessary controls. Open an S4 mapping> Map whatever function and Learn with loop move encoder. Now scroll trough the list of commands and search for duplicates which should be highlighted. All the highlighted loop related entries are your target commands.

Tech Wizard

Hi Stewe, I don't seem to be able to find a mapping in which these encoders are mapped manually. Just have the default embedded mapping. Can you recommend a mapping in which they work the same? Or another approach maybe?

BTW: I have no trouble paying someone for the trouble of creating me a mapping that maps the push-rotaries in the same way as the S4 does. Rest of the mapping I can do myself, just want these puppies to do the same as its big brother's.

What exactly those loop encoders do?

Tech Wizard

As you can see on the image below:

http://yeahdef.com/wp-content/upload...map_layout.png

Left:
    • Move the loop with the size you've selected
    •*Pressing sets the loop to active / deactivates it
    Right:
    • Increase / decrease the size of the loop
    •*Pressing instantly sets creates the loop with the size selected and sets it to active

Optionally it would be great if the moving of the loop goes with 1 bar per "click" if you hold shift
    Last edited by Sonarious; 05-10-2014 at 12:05 PM.

What about these two?

Left Rotary

—————
    Push - Loop In
    Twist - Beatjump and Loop Set

Right Rotary

———————————-
    Push - Loop Active On (toggle)
    Twist - Loop Size Selector
    Last edited by tekki; 05-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Left Encoder:

Shift button Mx=1 (when held)

Deck Common > Move > Size Selector / Mx=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=loop
    Deck Common > Move > Size Selector / Mx=1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=1
    Deck Common > Move > Move / type=encoder / mode=relative / rotary sensitivity=100% / acceleration=0% (invert in the button options if asked for)

Left Pushbutton:

Deck Common > Loop > Set Loop / type=button / mode=hold

__________________________________________________ _______

Right Encoder:

Deck Common > Loop > Loop Size Selector / type=encoder / mode=relative/ rotary sensitivity=100% / acceleration=0%

Right Pushbutton:

Deck Common > Loop > Loop Active On / type=button / mode=toggle

Tech Wizard

It almost works Stewe, only the loop doesn't move with its own size if you turn the left encoder. This one needs to do:

• If loop = active, move loop with its own size
    • If loop = inactive, beatjump with selected loop size

Do you see what I mean? I've added you on facebook, perhaps we can chat about it?
    Last edited by Sonarious; 05-11-2014 at 05:02 PM.

That's good to know mate. I thought that first two lines should do the loop move part with a shift? Anyways I'm glad you figured it out eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast