Einstein's Setup

Default Einstein's Setup

Hey all,
    Been lurking here since the beginning and just got a new toy so I thought I would share.
    I got a crazy deal from Guitar Center on a used Xone 92. (and by CRAZY I mean $450, so how could I pass that up)
    Only issues were cosmetic. Tiny dent in the back corner and some minimal scuff wear on the front.
    Did this warrant that huge of a price deduction? Probably not but who am I to argue.
    I was planning on modifying it's look anyway.
    Thru this post I'll be showing my equipment as it all gets modified.
    Just thought I would bring you guys along for the ride.

Xone 92 Mod1.jpg

Skin is custom made from StyleFlip.com
    I designed it myself. I wanted a minimal design. The theme will be throughout all my gear.
    The guys at StyleFlip.com are super helpful. Quick to answer any questions.
    And considering the Xone faceplate has a tone of tiny cuts for buttons and individual led's I was guessing there would have to be some futzing. NOPE! everything lined up perfectly.

The knobs I got from eBay.
    The two return slider knobs on the left are from a German company I found - FamilyGate.

The EQ knobs are from Jesse Dean. I borrowed them from my APC40 to see if they would fit. That's why there are no indicators. When I order new ones I'll have him add the center indicators.

I'm trying to find a source for aluminum fader knobs. I'll post more when I find them. (or if anyone has any sources they would like to share.)

I was originally going to use Chroma Caps but 1- The aluminum looks awesome and 2- the Chroma knobs sit a little high and the fader caps aren't recommended for the Xone as the move laterally.

More to come...

nice and clean layout kind of reminds me of tron
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

HA I can see that. I was going for something to easy see different sections quickly instead of the original dark gray face and black knobs.
    My APC40 has the same treatment. Ill post when its finished.

Killer sexy

Tech Mentor

As an owner of a xone 92, I have to say that is pretty sweet. I started at the pic for about 3 minutes, opened and closed it a few times because I was confused on the skin. Very nice.