Traktor to numark n4 knob binding issue

Default FX Knob Binding Issue

Hey guys. So I was trying to get my FX Parameter knobs on my Numark N4 4Track to control the FX in Traktor, but I cannot get Traktor to learn those knobs or anything. Any tips from experienced DJs to help resolve this issue? Will provide pictures if needed.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Kluskie,

Sounds like your mapping is missing the effect assignments. Try adding new command and midi learn Dry/Wet knob to see if that's correct.

Add In > FX Uint > Dry/Wet > Enable 'Learn' button > Twist a knob to assign a mapping > Click 'Learn' button again to stop mapping process.

type of controller = Fader/Knob
    interaction mode = Direct
    assign to FX Unit target

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Kluskie,

Sounds like your mapping is missing the effect assignments. Try adding new command and midi learn Dry/Wet knob to see if that's correct.

Add In > FX Uint > Dry/Wet > Enable 'Learn' button > Twist a knob to assign a mapping > Click 'Learn' button again to stop mapping process.

type of controller = Fader/Knob
    interaction mode = Direct
    assign to FX Unit target
    Hey Stewe, I think I wasn't detailed enough, sorry. I forgot to mention that when I try to enable "Learn" Traktor doesn't detect it, but when I turn the knob, the "CTRL" light at the top does light up, so I know it isn't broken. Do you know how to fix this?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If your 4Track is up to date that sounds like a firmware glitch or could be a bad connection between hardware. Did you get latest drivers?

Also what Traktor version you're at? Does your FX section plays properly on the included TRAKTOR 2 4TRAK Edition?