Ableton Live Techno Jam setup
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton Live Techno Jam setup

Hey everybody, I'd love to share with you my setup and get some feedback as well
    So after a lot of frustration trying to figure what the heck I want, realizations that I want is not what I need and what I need doesn't really suit me or I simply don't have enough cash, or brains to do what I have in mind. But lately I managed to come a bit closer to my vision, and further away from "just playing tracks in Traktor".

Here's a quick jam in Ableton Live with two Digital Warriors, MF Twister, MI Shruthi and a Volca Beats. It started quite technoish and bleepy but ended up quite deep.
    I'm using the Twister as a Mixer controlling track volumes and sends; the two Warriors for launching clips and sequencing percussions and some filters; Korg Volca beats for additional layer of percussions and a Mutable Instruments Shruthi for some synth lines. Everything soaking wet in reverb and delays.

So I would love to hear what you think, some suggestions and your own stories of frustration and success searching for that " perfect dream" setup.

Tech Guru

I skimmed through the session and there were a few cool sounds. I'll definitely give this (and your soundcloud stuff) a listen tomorrow.

Have you tried clip launching with the Twister?

Tech Mentor

Yes, but the encoder buttons are quite stiff, I prefer rubbery pads for this, they require less "effort". Plus I have the encoder buttons of the Twister set up to reset the encoders, to easily release FX buildups.

Nice! Thanks!

Tech Guru

I've just heard the session and it's sick, good job!