Xone 42 efx send/return phasing
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone 42 efx send/return phasing

Hey guys,

I was trying to set up Ableton to use as efx box ( and I partly managed to do it), but then I introduced guitar pedal as effect instead.

The problem I have now is that I get this phasing effect when I use dry/wet knob on mixer if its not fully left or fully right. And thats a problem. I wonder how other ppl use efx loop on this mixer effectively and is it possible not to have phasing effect due to effected signal running little late to main signal ?

Thanks in advance.

Tech Mentor

Anyone can let me know how to deal with this phasing problems when using external efx like guitar pedal ?

Not sure if this is what you ask, but have you tried running the signal straight back into the mixer, just as a test?

There shouldn't be any delay issues there, but if there are it's something that can be taken care of by A/H (Not that I know how a signal delay makes it into an analog mixer).

If not, then the answer is probably going to be a little bit of a letdown. Any DSP is going to introduce a little bit of delay in the signal. This usually isn't a problem, since the effected signal should be pretty different from the dry signal.

What effect are you using?
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Not sure if this is what you ask, but have you tried running the signal straight back into the mixer, just as a test?

There shouldn't be any delay issues there, but if there are it's something that can be taken care of by A/H (Not that I know how a signal delay makes it into an analog mixer).

If not, then the answer is probably going to be a little bit of a letdown. Any DSP is going to introduce a little bit of delay in the signal. This usually isn't a problem, since the effected signal should be pretty different from the dry signal.

What effect are you using?
    Well, I tried some cheap flanger effect, but these days Im gonna get guitar delay pedal. Dunno if flanger was wrong effect to test this with, but its definitely heard like drop in volume in any position unless fully dry or fully wet.