Transferring id3 Tags
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Transferring id3 Tags

hi guys

So I was wondering if there was any way to transfer tags from one file to another. If I were to replace a track in Traktor with a new rip, for example, after I buy a CD to replace to file from emusic, is there anyway I could do it without losing the cue points or grid?

Thanks
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey bruv.
    If that was possible and you replaced a track that you had meticulously (or drunkenly) gridded with a cd rip, wouldn't the grids be off anyway? i mean there could be even a millisecond difference in the track length between the copies due to the compression or whatever, and they would be still off right (maybe). just a thought.
    great idea tho i reckon as i'm constantly replacing tracks with better copies, and this would make it a hel of a lot easier.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm not really worried about the tracks I gridded in a hurry, but the ones I have really meticulously put together. Though you raise a good point with the lengths and the timing and all... didn't think of that.

Though, it would still be nice to transfer the BPM and Key
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yo Dvls! Yup you can copy and paste tags using mp3tag

http://Mp3tag.de or sumfink!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

or tagscanner. i have been loving this program since i found it last week.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...gScanner.shtml

it does some auto stuff that helps (i.e. corrects the case of the tags. SO wHen yOu havE This. it makes it So When You Have This.)

other thing i love is you can customize that. like for example i like [these] around words instead of (these) so now when i hit save it automatically "fixes" it. saves me a ton of time.

i have mp3 tag but didn't realise it could transfer tags. All i've used it for is getting rid of nunmbers and _'s
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yEAH YOU CAN JUST SELECT THE LIST AND CTRL C WILL COPY ALL THE TAGS THEN IF YOU JUST PUT IN YOU RNEW FILES IN THE SAME ORDER AND PASTE ... VOILA ALL TAGS COPIED OVER ! I USED TO TO TRANSFER A LOAD FROM OLD FLACS TO NEWLY PLATINUM NOTED FLACS THE OTHER DAY... SAVED ME A HELL OF A LOT OF TIME.
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 10-20-2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Sorry for the caps .. workin on somethin that needs them :(
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution