What should I buy ?

Default What should I buy ?

Hi, I am looking for my first DJ controller and I already got Tarktor Pro with an F1 so I would like to know what controller should I buy.
    I think an important thing is that it has good integration with the Traktor software and that it is 4-channel.
    I already saw the gemini g4v or the Behringer modules (CMD) which looked cool to me but I would like to know what you pro's think !
    Thank's
    Nico

Give us a little roon to play with here: what is your budget, what are things you love to have on the controllers. Must have controls, etc. etc.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

On DJTT´s blog is an article about budget controllers. http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/05/0...-300-reviewed/

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Wizard

Behringer CMD modular controllers are a good option if you want to go modular. They're not the best quality, but build is solid and they're good value. Expect to do some mapping with them though. I have two of them and have been pleased with them; biggest cons are that buttons are hard plastic and a bit stiff. Neither have bothered me too much, since I'm not that much into fingerdrumming and cue juggling. Also the markings will wear of my MM-1, but that's just visual thing.

X1 Mk2 is another modular controller I can recommend should you go modular. It has tight integration with Traktor, small footprint but good amount of controls without being overly cluttered.

If you all-in-one, S4 is probably the easiest choice, because it integrates to Traktor straight away. Any class-compliant MIDI over USB controller will do also, but you may have to download or create a custom mapping for traktor if the manufacturer doesn't supply one. You may also have to modify the mappings to suit your needs (I'm not trying to scare you off, mapping isn't that hard to learn)
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

First of all, thanks to all of you guys who replied to my questions !
    So my budget is about 400 euros, and I think it is important that the controller has 4 Channels, and just that is has good integration with traktor because i love it (and yes I tried Serato).