[Deep House] First track, all feedback welcome! Kitchen Sink - Stressless Steve
    Tech Mentor

Default First track, all feedback welcome! Kitchen Sink - Stressless Steve

Hope you guys like it. I know I do. Next track should be more varied though

I really liked the flow of the snares and hats as well as the changing them up throughout the song. However, melodically, as you mentioned...it needs variation. I liked the strings in the breakdown. Keeping those after the drop to provide a bit more interest would be good. Mix-wise, it sounded pretty solid although I didn't listen overly critically.

I'd say a pretty good first song. Keep it up.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Thank you for your feedback! I've listened to what you've said and I've added and changed some things. Please have another listen

Default Melodic advice

Maybe try moving to the relative major for the breakdown and adding some chords. You have a lot of monophonic melody's with no harmonic content. Give it some harmony in the intro and breakdown and it will do wonders.

good luck!
    Miniweapon

Tech Mentor

Thank you for your first post being constructive feedback. I'm not altering this song anymore to prevent confusion, but I will take your feedback into account on my next song, which I'm working on now