Key detect samples for remix decks
    Tech Convert

Default key detect samples for remix decks

I'm trying to have tractor detect the key of all my samples, but it's not doing it for some reason. It has done it for one set, but not for the others. I could use MIK, but rather keep my samples in my external, instead of all on my laptop.

Any solutions?

Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's pretty hard to find the key an atonal sample or a one shot where there is maybe one or 2 note being played with. Chances of it being wrong are quite high

For samples, I had to bust out the trusty keyboard and play to find out the key.

Like the above poster stated, you can't get enough audio to analyze to give you the right key.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Key detection won't be too accurate on most samples, specially if it's just one note or an atonal sample.
    Not entirely. I use MIK on sample all the time, and it works perfectly! I'm just having an issue with traktor doing it.

I figured out a way that I can have MIK analyze my samples on my external, so I did that, and traktor converted a lot of the samples to the right key, so I made progress, but it didn't do it for all my samples. I'll have to keep searching, and find out.

use your ear.

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:21 PM.