Which DJ Gear should I get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which DJ Gear should I get?

Hey Guys,

i would like to upgrade from my Hercules EP2 DJ Controller to a better DJ Gear. I just want to use Traktor with it and it should be as cheap as possible.

I really don't care if it would be a DJ Controller or a Mixer with 2 CDJs, because I think everything is better than what I got now :P

best regards

Tech Guru

Cheap as possible would be not upgrading at all. You might want to refine your options a little more if you want better advice.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Cheap as possible would be not upgrading at all. You might want to refine your options a little more if you want better advice.
    sry

i could pay max 500€ for the whole setup, and it doesn't matter if the gear is used or new

Tech Guru

At that price you'll need to stick with controllers. Have you had a look at any of the 2 deck controllers from Denon, Pioneer, Numark, NI, Vestax etc?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    At that price you'll need to stick with controllers. Have you had a look at any of the 2 deck controllers from Denon, Pioneer, Numark, NI, Vestax etc?
    I once tried a S4 at a local dj store, i dont think that theres a Big difference to the S2 except the S2 got 2 Decks

There's only one reason to ever upgrade - and that is if your equipment is limiting what you are able to do.

If you can't put together a half decent mix with the equipment that you've already got, you don't need to upgrade yet.

If you regularly need new toys to keep you interested in DJ'ing, then it's probably not for you....

The EP2 has got button, knobs and faders - what more do you actually need to DJ? The hardware isn't actually doing anything - it just tells the software what to do.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    There's only one reason to ever upgrade - and that is if your equipment is limiting what you are able to do.

If you can't put together a half decent mix with the equipment that you've already got, you don't need to upgrade yet.

If you regularly need new toys to keep you interested in DJ'ing, then it's probably not for you....

The EP2 has got button, knobs and faders - what more do you actually need to DJ? The hardware isn't actually doing anything - it just tells the software what to do.
    You're right the EP2 got buttons, knobs and faders, but the Controller doesnt have a built in soundcard and i dont want to buy a 90€ soundcard for a Controller that i bought for 80€. I Prefer to Pay a Little Bit more for a better dj Controller with a built in soundcard.

And Guys sadly my Budget is now 350€ because my graphic Card just got broken Last Night.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Excellent advice!

Though, if you're not happy, you're not happy!

OP, maybe this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by PVSH View Post
    You're right the EP2 got buttons, knobs and faders, but the Controller doesnt have a built in soundcard and i dont want to buy a 90€ soundcard for a Controller that i bought for 80€. I Prefer to Pay a Little Bit more for a better dj Controller with a built in soundcard.

And Guys sadly my Budget is now 350€ because my graphic Card just got broken Last Night.
    Reloop Terminal Mix 2.

Just won an award for Best Controller at the Mixmove Tech Awards

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Reloop Terminal Mix 2.

Just won an award for Best Controller at the Mixmove Tech Awards
    is there a good mapping available for the terminal mix 2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast